PDA

View Full Version : Toy Ideas for 3 Year Old Girl??

annasmom
07-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I need some ideas for Anna's 3rd birthday. I have gotten her the main gift - a RR dollhouse, furniture and dolls. I don't know how much of a hit it will be though. We were recently thumbing through a toy catalog at my sister's house and she wanted everything on the page. When I asked her if she wanted the wooden dollhouse that was pictured she emphatically said no!!

Anyway, I don't want to buy her anything else really big. And, to be honest she is still a mystery to me when it comes to toys. I cannot tell you what she plays with. She mostly runs around the house. She just recently has begun playing with playsilks, so I was thinking some dress-up clothes might be a good idea.

Any other suggestions???

Emmas Mom
07-18-2006, 02:40 PM
My DD is also turning 3 next month & I would just second the dress up clothes...I'm talking my Mom into getting her a Prissy Poof. We also got a Cinderella dress up set, some games (Candyland, Hi Ho Cherrio, Chutes & Ladders and Memory), a Disney Princess foam hopscotch puzzle thingy (sorry, not explaining that well), a Bitty Baby, and I found "Adventure Workshop: Preschool" (set of 4 CD-Roms for the computer ) at Costco. That's all I can think of so far. Like you, our DD doesn't really have any favorite type of toy so it's hard to know what to get them. I think we're getting her a "big girl" bike for Christmas so there's another idea for you. I'll be interested in seeing what other ideas people have too! :)

dules
07-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I was thinking of that dollhouse for my DD's third birthday this fall so I'll be interested in your review.

Dress up clothes are a great idea. We have fairy and princess kits from PBK (picked up on clearance), wings from Gymboree, miscellaneous wands (!) and of course lots of puffs (see my sig, she's my spokesmodel and tester, lol). I'm thinking of a cape and/or some fun hats.

I think that a dollhouse with furniture and dolls is plenty and she'll be thrilled, but dress up clothes would be great if you feel you want to buy more. I'm sure she'll love the house though. :)

Best,
Mary

crl
07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
If you want some small addiitonal things for her to open, there's always balls, books, puzzles, art supplies, bubbles, sidewalk chalk. Maybe she'd like a game--there's a thread on those right now. Dress up clothes sound great.

annasmom
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Mary, I am pm'ing you.

AmyZ
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
I was thinking of some other little stuff too...

junky stickers for whatever
colorforms
magnetic paper dolls
hippity hop ball

In terms of dress up - I hear that Costco sells a great dress-up "trunk" for about $30. A friend of mine raved about it.

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Corie
07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
We have the Costco dress-up trunk and it is great! There
was one dress that I got rid of because it had glitter all
over it. I found glitter all over our house! Drove me
insane! The dress had to go!
The remaining dresses and accesories are great!!

Corie
07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
I would definitely do some dress-up clothes! Carson has
always loved to dress-up.

Maybe a few games? We play alot of games. What about the
HABA game called Orchard ?? Or the Gamewright game called Hiss?

Also, how about some art supplies? We have a serious art cart
filled to the brim with art stuff. What about some Stockmar
crayons and a sketchbook?

These are probably my daughter's favorite things!
(Dress-up, Games, Arts & Crafts)

AmyZ
07-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Ugh! Glitter... I cannot stand it!

One other idea... lacing beads! I picked up some wooden M&D beads at TJMaxx on super clearance for maybe $3!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana 2/04 - She's 2!
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

squimp
07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Our big birthday party hits were the Cranium games Hullabaloo and Cariboo. Eeboo's memory game. Dress up stuff - tutu, princess crown, magic wand, princess dress, fireman hat, doctor kit etc.

annasmom
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks so much ladies! The more I think about it, the less I think I am going to get for her in addition to her dollhouse. She is having her first "friends party" so I am sure she will get lots of presents from others.

But, that being said, I do think I want to get her some dress-up clothes. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to buy? I looked at Lillian Vernon - and it appears they are sold out of everything I would be interested in.

I found a bunch of other sites on-line and they are either really cheap looking (not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't want the outfits falling apart either), or really expensive. I also checked out the Costco trunk of dress-up clothes, which looks promising, but I just don't know when I will be near a Costco anytime soon.

TIA!!

ETA: I just went back to Lillian Vernon and found a whole bunch of stuff I want to get! Thanks again ladies!! Now I am off to find a discount code!!

mom to little e
07-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I didn't look specifically for clothes but found a ton of great dress-up hats for my DS at kidsurplus.com. Search for Jacobson and you can find a bunch. I know they have crowns, wands, etc.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

annasmom
07-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Maryann, thanks so much! Those hats are great!! The wands are really good prices too, it always kills me when they sell for $10 each!!