PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a Dreamer Design Bike Trailer Review

katydid1971
07-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm looking to buy a bike trailer and have done some online shopping and I'm wondering about a Dreamer Design Exec Lite. I have read good things about their strollers but can't find any reviews of their bike trailer, they are new this year. They are very light, equal to a Burley deLite trailer but ALOT cheaper (about $170 compaiered to $400+). If you own one or have even looked at one I wold appreciate any feed back. Also, I have some leads on used Burley trailers and wonder if its ok to buy a used Burley or should I only buy new. Thanks for the help.
Sarah

kellyotn
07-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't know anything about the Dreamer, but they are a good company in general.

On the other hand, if you can score a good deal on a used Burley, you can probably turn around and sell it for whatever you buy it for! They hold their value like CRAZY. If it was in good shape, I'd have no problem with a used Burley. Car seats, no. Bike trailers/stroller, no problem!

Good luck!

bemis23
04-24-2007, 01:21 AM
If you are looking to spend not a lot of money, the dreamer design is very nice. It's biggest drawback is that it is a little on the wide side, but it makes inside a little roomier then. I think it has one of the nicer seats for kids....it is more stable so they won't fall into each other. The mesh is small so rocks won't fly through. It has nice side pockets for kids, and also has the recessed helmet pocket so helmets won't fall forward (if kid is tall enough to use this feature....very good feature though). It's wheels aren't protected by the frame, but the quality of fabric on trailer seems a LOT better than others that go for around the same amount.
Used Burleys are still good probably, just check with owner for rips, and check tire tread. Burley s such a high quality product though. Either dreamer design or burley are good. Do you or anyone else know anything about Yakima Caddy Yak or Tot Rod?