PDA

View Full Version : Potty books, videos and Potty training dolls?

bugglemom
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Any favorite potty books for boys? Videos? Anyone use a potty training doll? We need advice here!

trentsmom
07-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I've purchased two books so far: Once Upon a Potty and Everyone Poops. I change some of the terms in the potty book when I read it to DS. And he asks for Everyone Poops as soon as I finish the first book! DS peed on the potty for the first time today. He said he was going to be like Joshua on go on the potty. He wanted to do some more, so I told him he needed to drink lots of water and then go take his nap, so that when he got up from his nap he could pee on the potty. Guess I'll see how that goes pretty soon!

I'll be following this thread to get some ideas of other good books.

alkagift
07-20-2006, 08:46 PM
We used Once Upon a Potty too. And there's one where the child's name is Henry (can't rememember--check Amazon). We didn't bother with a doll since DS could not possibly care less about dolls.

But a book for me was indespensible--Mommy, I Have to Go Potty!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/03

Are you TTC and want to share with BBB friends? Join us! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB_TTC/

holliam
07-20-2006, 10:03 PM
My daughter likes Once Upon a Potty but her current favorite is "Does a Pig Flush". She also likes the one by Mr. Rogers; I can't remember the title but our local library had it.

Holli