PDA

View Full Version : high chair help please!!

allieburns
07-26-2006, 08:28 AM
No sure if this belongs in the feeding or around the house.. but

I registered for the fisher price space saver high chair.. somewhat due to space in our home and also the convenience features,etc..

Well, MIL bought an eddie bauer wooden full size high chair.. it is really NOT what we want.

Can anyone give me goods/bads on either or both of these to help me decide if this one is worth keeping?

thanks
Allie

jhrabosk
07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Don't you love those MILs buying unwanted items in the name of generosity? :) (Sorry...sounds sarcastic...meant it honestly!)

We have the space saver and LOVE it. Really didn't have room for full-size and this works perfectly. I think my #1 reason for loving it is that it is SO portable. On multiple occasions we have folded it up in the trunk and taken it with us. It sets up really quickly.

HTH!

scarletsmommy
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I second the vote for the space-saver high chair in lieu of a full size one. We don't have that one specifically, but I can say that it's been nice not to have a full size high chair to shove from one side of the room to another. I couldn't believe how much baby stuff would fill up the dining and living area! HTH!

allieburns
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
yes.. love those MIl's.. especially when they ask you and you specifically say that you do not have room for a full size and you registered for the fisher price space saver and show her on the internet which one it is!

I can join in your sarcasm!!

allie

mariza
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I have both and the EB wooden chair is sitting on my back porch unused now for about 9 months. The strap on that is useless, DD figured out how to wiggle out of it as soon as she learned to stand and was constantly getting out of the harness and standing in her high chair. Also, the tray doesn't come in close enough to the baby's chest, so it gives them plenty of room to twist around. It's not like I was leaving her alone either, she just could do it so fast!
She now happily sits in her FP with the 5-point harness and the tray that comes close up to her chest so it's impossible to wiggle out of. I love my FP chair!
The EB is a well made chair and I love the looks of it, however, I just found it not very practical. I would have sold it, but my brother bought it off my registry becasue it's what I wanted at the time (what did I know?) I plan to use the FP for the new baby and try DD in the EB chair again now that she's older and bigger (hoping she'll listen when told to sit!)
Also, the EB doesn't recline at all which initially I didn't think would be an issue, but when the baby gets to a point when they can hold their own bottle the recline feature is nice to have so they don't whack their little head while tipping the bottle back. HTH!