PDA

View Full Version : Storing Thomas Lego Sets

msharrow
07-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Since my son's second birthday in February, we have now acquired our share of tracks, trains, and tiny pieces from Lego. How do I store this stuff? Right now I have them in the original boxes, but there must be a better way without forgetting what goes with what. Help? Our home is not big enough for us to put it together and let it stay up in any one room indefinitely. Plus my son is still really rough so when he pushes the train around the tracks, he pushes it so hard that something either comes apart or the trains run off the track:)

bunnisa
07-29-2006, 01:54 AM
If it's the Duplo set, we have it too.

I bought more Duplo blocks (the kind that come in the plastic bins) and put the train pieces in those. The bins are not full when you purchase them.

Bethany
blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

nupe
07-29-2006, 09:14 AM
I use the 19 qt rubbermaid revelations storage boxes for trains/track.

From the Target ad this week (ends today)
66-QT. RUBBERMAID REVELATIONS STORAGE BOX
SALE 8.99
• All other Rubbermaid Revelations 12- to 50-qt. storage, sale 3.99-7.99.
• 19 QT, SALE 4.99.

Nupe

hez
07-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Same here. We use the Revelations boxes to store toys so he can find thm easily (and because I can't find a shelving unit I like for the family room). Payton'll just pull a box out, ask us to open it, and off we go.

Tondi G
07-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Any clear storage container that has a top that actually stays closed/latched is great for legos and trains!

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/category.jhtml?cat=HPCat100219

we got a few other clear containers that had a handle on top that DS really liked cause he could carry the container himself and then empty it!

mattiew
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
In addition to putting them in another container I cut out the pictures from the box so I would know how to put them together.

HTH!

azmamato3
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
We store ours in a drawstring bag that my mom made. We included the catalog so he would know how to put them together. I thing he assembles them 2-3 times a day!!

Joolsplus2
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM
We use underbed boxes with wheels... of course, it helps if the playroom is equipped with a twin bed or larger with space under it. But after collecting these things for 7 years+, it makes it SO easy to clean up and even easier to find little bits, when the opening is as large as possible. Ikea Trofast containers and storage frames are also very useful.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx