PDA

View Full Version : Old fashioned playpen

updacountry
07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Do they still make the old fashioned playpen? I have a playard but my daughter sleeps in it during the day at work and on the weekends when we are away. I don't want to put her in it to play or she will forget what she is supposed to do at night, plus it is kind of small.

What do you all do for some sanitey? My DD is really roaming and I can't just sit and watch her all day or my laundry will be going out the roof!

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
Jill

Joolsplus2
07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
We just got the Kettler 6-sided play pen from The Right Start http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=307760&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=307760&cm_ven=Froogle&cm_ite=OSA (I used a coupon from www.mycouponguide.com and it was only 152, but 88 shipping...ouch!).

Honestly? At this point I think I would have preferred a super yard XT with maybe an expansion set...it's a lot cheaper and lighter to move around.

But I don't mind having what is practically a nice piece of furniture in the living room to look at, so I suppose it was worth a few extra bucks.

There is also a Simo 4 sided one that I really wanted, but it was out of stock from the place I ordered it from cheapest. And if you don't mind actual playpen looks, the Graco Tot Block is really pretty fine (DH just didn't want it in the living room, even though it's ony 84$ at some places...).

Anyway, hope that helps...I was having the same issue with the cosleeper as a packnplay!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

updacountry
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I like the super yard XT. It does look easy to move. The one you have is just beautiful but at this point where she is ready to walk I think the other one is better. It won't look that great in the living room but my house went out the window when she started crawling anyway. I think I am going to just put a pulley system on the ceiling and when she goes to bed I can let everything back down to the floor!
Now have to ask the DH approval becuase you know if I just buy it he will say what did you get that for??? Let him spend three hours chasing her and saying NO and I bet she will be in it!