PDA

View Full Version : Learning/Activity Table

cindylouhoo
07-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Just started looking at these on-line for DS. Any preferences for Fisher-Price vs. Leap Frog? Any others to consider? TIA!

jeniferrlynne
07-31-2006, 11:23 PM
I want to be able to answer this for you right now, but won't be able to for another week or so. We bought both used at garage sales. I kept the leapfrog and sent the other with my MIL. DS will get to play with the FP one next week at her house and I will try to give you a comparison after kid tested.

sidmand
07-31-2006, 11:25 PM
DS really liked the Leap Frog one. I don't have any experience with any others though. I know the LF one has removable legs so it can be used when the babies are sitting and then you can put the legs on when they starting pulling up/cruising.

I know someone recently recommended the Chicco one as not as jarring as the LF one. I saw it today at Target but didn't look carefully since we're beyond needing another one.

DS probably plays/played with his every day for about 30 minutes. I didn't find the songs too annoying, although the purple cover to the little open slot kept coming off until I finally gave up 'cause I was tired of hearing "hello/goodbye" every time I tried to fix it, only to have DS get it off next time he played with it.

I have seen it at our local consignment shop a few times too--if that's an option. I wish I had thought to check there first! They never seem to have what I need at the moment though.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

mommysammi
08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
We have the Leapfrog one since DS was about 10 months old. We got it for $19.99 on Black Friday. We also have the Chicco one that we got at Ross for $11 on clearance. DS likes both and uses both. The Chicco one, however, isn't as sturdy as the Leapfrog but I like that the Chicco allows us to turn the table over and use it as a lego platform. HTH.

jeniferrlynne
08-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I wanted to add that after visiting my in-laws we did have the chance for my son to play with the fisher-price one.
At 8 months, he enjoyed it just as much as our LF one. It has removable legs and volume control as well. It also has a choice between music and abc setting. It is a little shorter than ours when on all four legs. The difference didn't really affect my 8month old. I will add that one of my son's favorite features - the opening/closing of the book, and the storage compartment with a lid is on our lfrog. I would be interested to hear someones comments on how long their dc played with either to have a fair comparison at an older age. Right now this type of thing is one of our favorites because he loves to stand and hold on :)

MarisaSF
08-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I love the LF one. DD still plays with it at 2 years; she has liked it since ~6 months. We got it as a gift through amazon.

heidiann
08-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Cindy,
We have the LF table and DD plays with it all the time. I actually have one in our game room (where we spend most of our time) and I pick one up at a garage sale to keep up in the family room so I don't have to drag it up the stairs. I highly recommend it.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

floridamommy
08-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I am writing this as my 9 month DD is playing on her LeapFrog activity table right now. She loves it and has been using it for about a month. She particularly likes to turn the "page" that makes it from all music to abc/123 mode. I am not kidding when I say I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and I have the female voice that sings on each activity in my head. I actually bought a second one for my mom's house at a neighborhood garage sale today for $5.00. Definitely one of those toys that gets used a lot in our house.