PDA

View Full Version : Munchkin inflatable safety duck tub??

EllasMum
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Has anyone tried the Munchkin inflatable safety duck tub? Any comments?? I just picked one up but I'm not sure about it. I have a soaker tub (basically slightly shorter than a regular tub but much deeper) so it is kind of hard for me to bathe DD in it. I just can't reach her properly. Plus, she's decided she must CRAWL around the tub! Many moons ago, a friend of mine had the duck tub for her DS, but I think he was a bit younger when she used it. She kept telling me to buy it, but I held off because I used to just bathe with DD. Now that she's a bit bigger, and likes to splash (ALOT!!) I prefer to just let her be in the tub by herself. Tonight I put her in the duck tub and she loved it, but it didn't leave much space. She was able to extend both her legs and turn around a bit in it. Any comments from anyone who's tried it? Anybody find anything better? Basically I just need something to keep her contained a bit so she can't crawl around. Somewhere in the depths of my brain is something about using a laundry basket in the tub...?

I appreciate any suggestions!

TIA,
Susan

mtrattner
08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
We have the duck tub at Grandma's. It is too small. At home we have the generic one (white with sea animals on it) from Babies R Us. We recently just stopped using it. Much bigger than the duck! So if you are wanting to use something like that I would go bigger. DD is now old enough to understand to hold still during the bathing part. Plus she loves to "swim" after the bathing duties are over!

Hope that helps a bit!

almostamom
08-07-2006, 09:35 PM
We use the duck tub for travel - at least until this last trip. DS is just too long for it now (he's 21 mos.) It worked really well for us until then. At home we used the EuroBath. It's big, but we just kept it in the tub in DS' bathroom all the time. One side allows the baby to recline for the bath while they can sit on the other side when they are bigger/older/able to. It's big enough to fit the baby and some toys. I can't figure out how to post a picture, but here's a link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404856&cp=2255976.2256088.2256094&parentPage=family

ETA: I hope Ella had a wonderful first birthday! :)

~Linda~
http://lilypie.com/pic/060427/fDdc.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/qW3mm7.png

jeniferrlynne
08-08-2006, 08:22 AM
We have the duck tub, but have stopped using it recently. It doesn't matter whether he is in the duck or the regular tub, he wants to climb out. Now we are nearly 9 months and maybe it is just a phase but being still in the duck tub lasted so briefly for us that I was debating my purchase. Maybe another child would be different. If you can get them to sit still I found it nice and cozy. The bottom suction never worked for us, to keep it stuck to the wall when not in use. Just thought I would add that, in case you have trouble also.

megs4413
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
we've got the duck tub. DD was afraid of the big tub (i think i kept her in her infant tub too long, but if you had seen the tub in our old apartment you would know why...) so I needed something to put in the big tub that she woudl feel comfortable in. The duck worked for us quite well. We've moved up to the big tub now, but the duck was great for the transition. FWIW, i never had any trouble with the suction thing...it always holds the duck up on the wall! And DD loves when the duck "quacks"!

TwinsItIs
08-23-2006, 02:33 AM
I still use it for my 11 month old son. Love it. He loves it too. I think he doesn't know any different, so it works for us. I don't think it's too small, but ds is quite smallish.

The suction works great. But you must wait for it to dry thoroughly before it will suction. So I just spill the water and let it rest with the suction upwards, so it can dry. Or you can even wipe the suction with a towel.

JBaxter
08-24-2006, 12:19 PM
We love the duck tub. Nathan still sits in it when I shower.

smkinc
08-26-2006, 02:18 PM
FWIW--we used the duck tub as a tub for awhile when DS was under 1, but then used it the following summer as a small splashing pool outside ~18 months old. DS like to play in water outside, and it was soft, but not so large I didn't mind dumping after we were done. I just didn't want that much sitting water (vs. the traditional wading pool) around when he was that young. So I found it very useful both as a tub and a pool.

Mary