PDA

View Full Version : My Baby is turning 1,... need ideas

Jen841
08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
People are asking and I am at a loss! Here is the situation...second boy (2 years apart), we have every kind of ball I could hope for, a basement of toys, riding toys, sandbox,...

My ideas I have given so far...
Bike helmet (at 1 he is old enough for rides...YEAH)
New DVD/CD or two (Hi 5 and/or Laura Berkner(sp) or TMBG)
Fall/Winter pj's or clothes

I'll get him his first walking shoes

Poor kid gets nothing new, other than Robeez, a CD player, clothing (off seasons still), a swing and a Bumbo. We have 2 bookshelves FULL of books, all Ralph's World CDs, 3 year old set of Baby Einstein DVD's (missing newer ones), age appropriate toys that were well cared for with #1, a ball pit,...membership ideas are good, but not much close by. We have lots of craft things b/c I can't let an ACMoore, or Michael's coupon go to waste.

I can give ideas to other people and love buy for other children, but am at a loss with my own child!

sidmand
08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Someone else suggested a subscription to Wild Animal Baby. I thought that was cute. I did give it to a 1-year-old--they may be a bit young, but if he figures it it's just for him, that could be fun.

I also ask for clothes, but bigger sizes, especially PJs, because we always seem to be running short on those.

Hmmm. That is a tough one though. I know my SIL did ask for bath toys for her 2nd DD so that she would have something that was just hers and not shared or hand-me-downs (2 girls about 2 years apart).

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Jen841
08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Thank you! I need to crack open some boxes to confirm what I have/don't have.

ekbecker1
08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
When the toys start to overflow at my house, I start thinking of gift ideas that don't take up any space or get used up and then disappear. . . .a zoo membership, a class (like Gymboree or Kindermusic), circus tickets, play doh, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, Color Wonder paper and markers, play clothes. . . Good luck!

vdrake71
08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
My DS just turned 1 on Friday and DS #2 is 31 months. I also had this problem. We always ask for 529 money. The other thing that I asked for was the Bath Boat from the coop board. We really do not need any more toys, but we ended up with a few that my older DS played with.