PDA

View Full Version : Labels on ikea trofast containers

niccig
08-09-2006, 06:34 PM
This is my anal librarian side. I want to put labels on the trofast bins to help DS and everyone else identify where toys go. I was thinking of printing a photo/picture of the contents eg. duplo, glue it to card, laminate it and then use sticky velcro dots to adhere it to the container. I know DS will pull the labels off, but he'll get bored with that after a bit, and they should stay on. I could just print mailing labels, but DS will pull those off too and I'll have to keep printing them.

Any other suggestions? I know, this shouldn't be on the top of my priority list. It's funny how small inconsequential things become sooooooooo important when you're avoiding other chores!

Nicci

C99
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
We used some sheets of printable adhesive paper and just cut out the label and stuck it on. It's now 6 years later and I can only get the darn things off with an oil soak.

niccig
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Mmm, this might be an option, it will be quicker than laminating a card. I bought labels for DS's sippy/snack cups for when he's at the YMCA babysitting, and he peels them off while in the car. But it sounds like your labels have a stronger adhesive. I might give this try.

deannanb
08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I used a "Brother" label maker for our...
blocks, balls, books, misc. toys...

kcimato
08-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Go to this web site and you can download their lable maker. It might not have everything you want but will give you a good start. I print them on the avery label makers sheets you get at staples. I think the site tells you which ones to get.

http://www.eichild.com/r_pages.cfm?ID=232

niccig
08-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Wow, I LOVE these labels. Thank you so much. You just saved me hours of fiddling with photos, dowloaded pictures and photoshop.
Off to buy some labels, firs thing tomorrow.

Nicci

niccig
08-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I made the labels last night. I stuck the label to coloured card, laminated them and used velcro dots to stick them to the containers. I even labelled the extra toys in storage. The labels look great! I'm really impressed with that site. Thank you for telling me about it.

Nicci

kcimato
08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
You're welcome. I love it too. I personalize all the books I send to my grandchildren with their labels. I use it for my school things too. I love their books. They used to have a sale every month but haven't seen one in a while.

Maria K
09-09-2006, 01:27 AM
What a cool site that is... thanks for the link!
- Maria