PDA

View Full Version : about Leapfrog leapPad...

skohng
08-10-2006, 05:02 PM
hi all,

I'm not too familiar with leapfrog besides the learning table, which ds has played with EVERY DAY since 6 months old! (he's 16 months)

I went to a friend's house, her 2yo has a little touch leap pad, i think it's called? it looks like a puzzle, with cut-outs of trains and planes, etc, and when you push in the shape it makes the noises.

my ds LOVED it. but I'm wondering if it's compatible with other "games" or cartridges or whatever. I keep seeing leapPad stories -- can you interchange stories or do you have to buy each separately? sorry if this is a dumb question.

thanks!
selena

schums
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Each Leap Pad "system" has it's own cartridges/games. Little Touch is different than My First, which is different than anything branded just LeapPad. So yes, you'd have to buy seperate cartridges/stories/games for each different system you buy.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

heidiann
08-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Selena,
Check e-bay they always have great deals on leap frog toys I just bought alot of 22 toys that included my first leap pad, some cartidges and books a leap pad for when shes older, all great deals I was very happy with all the toys.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

skohng
08-13-2006, 11:37 AM
thanks heidi, great advice. i agree that the retail prices are really high!