PDA

View Full Version : My Nilo train table is coming on Monday and I don't know what I'm doing!

1964pandora
08-19-2006, 12:36 AM
My son is 23 months old. We don't have a train set right now other than a nice wooden one. We just ordered a bunch of wooden cars and trucks made by Vilac. We have blocks and puzzles. Are there mats I should be thinking about getting? Should I immediately get a figure 8 track? Would he be ok for a while just enjoying using the table for his wooden cars, trucks and blocks? Anyone with a Nilo table want to tell me how you used it with a child this age? Thanks so much. Just intimidated by this big table coming on Monday. Should I have bought a chair for it?

niccig
08-19-2006, 04:19 PM
We just set ours up for DS who is 20 months, so it's a little early to say how he'll play with it. It was in the garage for 6 months as I thought it was too early to put together. I would just use what you have and see how DS plays with it. If he's starting to play with trains at other places, book store, friend's house, then get him a track. I got the Ikea set up for DS and he just pulls it about and plays with the pieces, but he's younger than your DS. Just wait and see how he plays with it.

Nicci

1964pandora
08-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Nicci-- that's a good suggestion. I was thinking that I needed to buy things to prepare, but I should just do as you suggest and wait and see how what we already have works for us. Thanks

ellies mom
08-19-2006, 11:40 PM
We use it for eating snacks, coloring, building blocks, legos, the whole nine yards. Oh yeah, we do have tracks and trains but we don't pull them out all the time.

niccig
08-20-2006, 03:07 PM
If you do want to buy a train set, the Ikea set is about $15. I got it for DS, but so far all he's wanted to do is pull it apart. But at least he has fun doing that!

holliam
08-21-2006, 09:30 AM
My daughter is a few weeks older than your son (she turns 2 on 9/6) and we've had ours for a little over a month. We do everything on it--trains, cars, arts/crafts, snacks, blocks, etc. Usually every few days we change out the activity sitting on it after she goes to bed. She seems to enjoy that.

Ours is in the middle of our family room so we use it all day long.

HOlli