PDA

View Full Version : Labeling bottles and pacifiers for daycare?

MNmomtobe
08-21-2006, 11:41 AM
I was going to use a permanent marker for these items but bottles must be dated. Is there a way to label these so they don't come off when bottles are heated? Also I was concerned about the marker leaching into the formula when heated. Same concerns about the pacifiers. Any suggestions?

klwa
08-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I use a label maker label for my son's name and then add a piece of masking tape with the date every day. I just kept his paci attached to him using one of the "keepers" when I was still sending them in with him, so I don't know about labeling them.
-Kris

octmom
08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a Brother label maker (cheap at places like K-Mart and Target). DD's name is on her bottles and her pacifier clip with those labels-- black letters on clear tape. I use a china marker (aka grease pencil) to date and number the bottles each day so the teachers know which order to use them in. You can get these at stationery stores. The labels last through many, many dishwasher cycles and the china marker will last through warming, etc., but easily wipes off with a dry paper towel when the bottle is dry.

I used to do everything for the bottles on masking tape when DS was an infant, but this is quicker and easier. We sometimes had masking tape baked on the bottles from the dishwasher's drying cycle when DH forgot to peel off the tape before putting the bottles in the washer.

HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
DD, Katie 3/06

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

MNmomtobe
08-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks you two! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to use a label maker. Duh! Mommy brain? I'll get one at Target today. Thanks again!

neeter
08-21-2006, 12:52 PM
i just ordered labels from mabel's labels (i think its www.mabel.ca) -- the labels are cute and they say they are dishwasher/microwave safe.

saschalicks
08-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Here are two great links:
www.stuckonyouusa.com
www.mabelslabels.com

We have the stuck on you and they really are great on bottles and sippies. I don't label the paci, b/c they seem to know which ones are his. Plus I don't think there is any other kid there with a paci right now.

MNmomtobe
08-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks! Those are cute labels!

MNmomtobe
08-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks those are really cute. Our daycare is pretty big so would need to label the pacifiers too. We use the NUK silicone ones. Do you think the dot labels (stuckonyou) would fit? I may just write her name on with a sharpie. I am afraid of the label coming off and DD choking on it.

Corie
08-21-2006, 02:34 PM
I just got a set of these for each of my kids.
They actually came today in the mail. :)

http://www.bumpyname.com/

MNmomtobe
08-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Wow, those are great! Do you think they would fit snugly enough around the Dr. Brown's skinny bottles?

MarisaSF
08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
We had really good results from the Brother P-Touch labelmaker. You want the one with the ability to use the laminated tape. We got ours used on ebay for about half the price of news ones in the store.
We've had labels on the same cups for over a year and half!

ETA: I just read your OP again. I used the Laminated tapes for the name. I used little bits of masking tape for the dates. I wrote with permanent marker or just regular pen or pencil and they lasted fine in the fridge and for warming up too.

saschalicks
08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
When DS#1 was with a paci I put a big J on it w/Sharpie on the outside. Even if the whole name won't fit maybe her initials. I use the MAM silicone ones now and I don't know if I'd be able to write on it as easily. I would write to Stuck on You and ask them what the size is of the dot ones are. See if it would fit on the paci.

saschalicks
08-21-2006, 04:44 PM
These are AWESOME! HMMM maybe next year for pre-school.

Corie
08-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Honestly, I don't know!

The diameter of the band is 2 inches. I would measure across
the bottom of your bottle. If it is less than 2 inches, then
the band won't fit.

You could also send an email to the company and ask them
for specific measurements of the band.

They are very cool !! :)