PDA

View Full Version : Learning Tower for Twins - 1 or 2?

Nemesia
08-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I have twin daughters that are currently 15 months old. My parents are going to buy them a Learning Tower for Christmas. My mom is convinced that she needs to buy 2, but I think we only need 1. Is there enough space for 2 toddlers?

Thanks in advance!
Jennifer

holliam
08-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Hmm.. someone on here just sold her single tower because her two boys were not cooperating on it. I think they could probably physically fit but not likely to be very happy about it, unless you have the rare toddlers who absolutely love sharing everything with each other. :)

Holli

zoestargrove
08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Holli, I'm the mom who just sold her tower. My sons are 17 months apart...and my oldest son was used to using the tower alone for 14 months or so before his younger brother wanted to be part of the action. He called it his tower. He shared it willingly and generously with his friends - it was just more challenging to share it peacefully with his brother and it was just easier for me to remove it all together.

I can't help but wonder if we just bought a tower today...and they both learned from the very beginning to use it together whether things would have been different.

sorry, I guess that doesn't clear things up at all.

Kelly

thomma
08-22-2006, 01:37 PM
We got our LT when our twins were 2. They were okay with sharing it for a few months but it went downhill from there. It took them until the age of 3 to share anything. :) Now that they're better at the sharing part they are too big to fit in it together. 2 LTs would be ideal. I just don't have room for two of them.

Kim
t&e 5/03

Ceepa
08-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow. Two LTs would take up a lot of floor space next to each other. I would think one child would always feel on the outer reaches of the action unless you gave them each activities to put right in front of their towers.

I don't have an answer for you. We're going to just stick both kids in the LT when they're old enough.

(I know grandparents always want to keep everything fair and buy multiples of everything!)