PDA

View Full Version : Is two years old too young for a flashlight?

babystuffbuff
08-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Subject pretty much says it all. Little Tikes makes animal flashlights with handles on top, and when you squeeze the handle the light turns on and the creature makes the appropriate sound (the bear quacks, the pig roars, etc. :-P )

My nephew is about to turn two. I think this would be a pretty fun gift that would also have practical uses, but I do wonder if he's a bit young for it. The label does say 18 months and up. Good idea?

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)

jvorhis
08-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes,Emma loves hers!

jwozy
08-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Mine love their flashlights and they have been playing with them since about 18 months.

MaiseyDog
08-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Georgia has the pig and LOVES it!

Margaret

kristenk
08-22-2006, 04:43 PM
We've been playing with flashlights for ages! DD loves to take hers (which is any one that we let her use) into her room with either DH or myself, turn off the light, shut the door, lie down on the floor and point the flashlight at stuff in her room. It's amazing how much fun she has with it!

ajmom
08-22-2006, 07:37 PM
We had the lion one, but the mouth shuts when you let go of the handle and the boys always got mad. We found that regular flashlights provide MUCH more fun for them, but that's not as cute of a gift, either. :)

buddyleebaby
08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
dd loves playing with the flashlight ever since she started noticing shadows. She's 14 months.

new_mommy25
08-23-2006, 12:07 AM
We have tons of those because Costco always has them. We love them! There is also a smaller version that is very cute and a better size for little hands.

MarisaSF
08-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks for posting! DD always wants to play with our flashlights, but I need to keep them fully charged for emergencies. I thought about getting an "extra" one for her to play with. I hadn't known they made kid ones. Great idea!

sdbc
08-23-2006, 07:09 AM
My daughter got these for Xmas last year (around 18 months old). She loved them.

hillview
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
All,
Just in case you missed it these flashlights that were sold at target were recalled due to lead levels. More specifics on which ones (not all of them):
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06100.html
HTH
/hillary

MarisaSF
08-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Oooh- thanks. That would make a difference. Seems like it's just the dinosaur and the doggie.

kboyle
08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
2 xmas's ago one of ds's aunts got all the kids one.

charlie LOVES his tiger, he used to sleep with it, but the power went out one night and dh took it to the garage and it's been living in there ever since, i've been meaning to get it and wipe it off and put it back in his bed, but i keep forgetting.

charlie's got penlights, if it makes a light, it's in his bed!!

anyway, i don't see why it would be a problem for him to have it....just show/teach him not to aim the light at other people's faces, or eyes!

jeniferrlynne
08-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Yup, my nephews have enjoyed their tiger and cow for a while. Now they want to play with the real deal, papa's large spotlight, real cel-phones, real remotes, etc...