PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE Got the table** Gift Mark table or Super Art Table by Alex Toys?

DAKnits
08-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Have you had, or have you seen, these table and chair sets IRL?

I posted below about helping me with the heights of tables, but I wanted to post a separate post to see if anyone has had experience with these two tables in particular.

I have a 2 year old daughter who is 35" tall. I have been searching for a table that has a table top at least 36"W x 24"D, but not too tall -- I have found that most come between 22"-24". (I also don't want it too be short because I want it to last a long time). I don't think it can be taller than 22" because I don't think she'll she be able to use it now -- she's not a climber, and she's just getting the hang of getting on and off the chairs for her 19" table, and they're only 10" off the ground.

Please tell me your thoughts about these tables. I want it for arts and crafts, puzzles, reading, etc...

http://www.childrenstablesandchairs.com/table-and-chair-sets/girls/products.cfm?action=view&key=GMK010

http://www.leapsandboundscatalog.com/product/118/141755/118.html

DAKnits
08-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Anyone?

I am leaning towards the Art Table b/c I think she'll more easily be able to work on the table without so much assistance from me -- the built in cups and mesh bag are great for her supplies and allow her some independence while working on the table. I am a little worried about it's longevity, but I'm thinking it'll last at least until she's 5 years old, and I plan on having another kid who will be three years apart, so the second kid will also be using the table.

Can anyone tell me what these are like in person?

annasmom
08-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I have seen the Alex table IRL, and I thought it was great. Anna was just about 2 at the time, and probably about the same height as your daughter. I don't remember her having a problem with the seat at all. She and another 2 year old little girl sat and drew at the table, and they both had plenty of room. This was probably about a year ago, so my memory of the table is a bit fuzzy, but I remember being impressed.

DAKnits
08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Thank you so much for your response!!! It's so hard not seeing these things in real life! My only real concern with the Alex table was whether it would last long enough since it's shorter than all the other tables, but in the picture, they show older kids sitting at the table and they seem to fit fine. Maybe some moms with older kids can tell me how their kids fit...

Again, thanks so much for the opinion!!! I am excited about this purchase b/c I think it's going to be used all the time.

DAKnits
09-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, so I got the Super Art Table -- it's HUGE. The cups and storage bag are super cute, and so is the table -- great quality, beautiful and cheerful. The only problem is that I don't think the cups and storage bag are worth giving up so much space in my playroom. They're nice, but not important enough to make up for how much space the table takes up. Also, there was damage to the table and benches, so I have to return this one anyway. I decided to just return the table instead of exchange it for another one b/c the table is very big, but b/c of the cups and storage bag, the usable space isn't much larger than the other table and chair sets out there.

I was able to find a store near me that carries some table and chair sets and couldn't believe it when my DD was able to get on and off the 21" table and chair sets with ease!!!! That was really good to know. I could get the Gift mark table which is 24" x 36" -- but I was wondering if anyone knows of any larger table tops with a 21" height. The Pottery Barn table and chair sets offer a nice large table top, but they are 22" high and their chairs are a lot taller than the ones we were looking at. I might consider one anyway if the quality is great.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions/other suggestions? Thanks so much!

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, after pricing out the Pottery Barn table and chairs I would have to purchase separately, I have eliminated the Pottery Barn table b/c it's a lot more money. I decided the Goft Mark 24" x 36" table isn't wide enough for what I want, and I can't find a larger table top that's also 21" - 22" high, except the Pottery Barn one, so I am going to reorder the table since this one is damaged. I do love the table, and although I wish it weren't as long as it is, we're already loving using it. If anyone has questions about the table, I'd be happy to answer!

tiapam
09-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Did you reorder already? I have found some height adjustable tables at school suppliers online. Some of them come in some really great colors and there are lots of size and shape options. A couple of places to browse:

http://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/index

http://www.correllinc.com/index.html

Sam's Club has one of the Coreel tables available online:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=157716

-Pam

DD - Almost two!