PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr... Kinderzeat Strap Adjust Problems

MarieBunny
08-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Help! I read the old posts concerning how to adjust the Kinderzeat straps (move the teardrop piece with a butter knife trick) and it's not working. How do you adjust the strap while holding the knife at the same time? I feel like I'm mutilating my buckle and my strap is not budging! This is a totally ridiculous "safety" feature. I can't believe the instructions don't even mention this! Am I missing something?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=48163

kali
08-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Marie, I've been watching your post and hoping for some replies, since we've had the same problem with DS' Kinderzeat. We never figured out how to adjust the straps, even after reading the earlier threads here on the topic. DS started using the chair at 14 months, and at 25 months, they're still loose!

Your comment about mutilating the buckle really hit a nerve with me--it's the main reason we gave up and left the straps on the original setting. I never could move that little tab enough to allow the strap to slide through, without totally mangling the whole buckle.

Please, can anyone offer any new insights on this problem?

Kali,
Mom to Sammy, born 7/16/04

jess_g
08-25-2006, 06:44 AM
I have the same problem with mine! I even called the company's customer service number but she did not explain it very well either and seaid it should be easy to do! I jsut gave up but I do wish they would make them so you could adjust the seat belts! Othrerwise what is the point in having them?

I just wanted you to know that this has happened to me too.

Jessica.

MarieBunny
08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I left a message with customer service but haven't heard back from them yet. I can't believe anyone would say it's easy to do! My problem with the straps is that they are a little tight on my chunky DS and I don't want him to be uncomfortable in the chair! Frustrating... well if anyone knows the trick or figures it out, please post here! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!