PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's Room Maze Craze--what age?

08-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I've been reading the posts about all the holiday toy deals at Costco, I'd really love to get a tunnel set for DS but I'm afraid he'll be too young for it. When did your kids start using the tents and tunnels?

Thanks,

Christine W

kaitlinsmommy
08-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't know what the Maze Craze is, but ds started playing in our tent & tunnel around 10 months, shortly before he was walking. He & big sis have a blast in there.

holliam
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
We had a tunnel when she was about 10 months but it was nothing like she plays with it now at 24 months. I think it's something that kids of different ages can use for a while.

Holli

brittone2
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
DS got his at around 20ish months of age I think?

He enjoyed it immediately. He probably could have used it much sooner as at the time one of his favorite things to do was hide under his big old Step2/Little Tykes easel and tell me he was in his "tent."

We get it out periodically now at 2.5 and he still enjoys it, and I'm hoping the new baby will be able to enjoy it once she's around 12-15 months or so :)

ETA: we actually have last year's Costco version of the tunnel and 2 tents, which is the Mambo Combo. Same basic principle essentially though :)

08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Perfect. DS will be a little over a year old at Christmas. Should I buy it now? Does it usually sell out?

Thanks,

Christine W

brittone2
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
For that price, I'd get it now. Some of Costco's more popular holiday toys sell out fast (last year I know train tables in our area were gone by October). I don't remember how fast last year's tunnel/tent set sold out, but for the price, no harm in jumping on the bargain now. IMO the price is really really tough to beat ;)