PDA

View Full Version : Looking for cute indoor tent/teepee

mom to little e
08-27-2006, 05:08 PM
For DS that won't break the bank. Any ideas?

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

kaitlinsmommy
08-27-2006, 06:14 PM
We got the Ryan's Room tent & tunnel last year at TJ Maxx for $12 each. I remember lots of other moms here go the Mambo Combo for $30 or so at Costco. They have been great for us. The kids love to hide & play in them. It's one purchase I definitely don't regret.

brittone2
08-27-2006, 08:36 PM
If you have a Costco membership or know someone that does, they have a similar set this year (the Maze Craze I think?) which is teepees and a tunnel I believe.

We got the Mambo Combo mentioned by the PP last year and DS loved it. The price is a bargain IMO.

I've seen playhut tents on various websites...I think www.overstock.com has them although I'm sure tons of other retailers do as well.

Ikea sells tunnels for a good price IIRC.

holliam
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Yep, Costco has the Maze Craze for $24.95 which includes 2 tunnels, dome tent, and tee pee. I figured out the retail cost would be around $90. It's a bit large to have all pieces out at once but you can use any of them by themselves. We have the setup on our screen porch and DD loves it.

Holli

schums
08-28-2006, 09:31 AM
If you want a teepee (as opposed to a tent with tunnels) try this site: http://peeweeteepees.com/ My aunt bought one for the kids, and they LOVE it. It will hold 5 preschoolers/toddlers plus a snack (we had playgroup at my house last week). Two adults plus 2 preschoolers can also fit in it. It sets up easily and folds down to a tall but compact "pole". If you don't want to pay for shipping, see if the owners are going to be at a fall craft show near you. I've seen them in a couple shows around here during the summer/fall.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

anamika
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
IKEA has a tent for < $10. DD loves hers.
Of course, I can't find it online b'cos I don't know the exact name and searching for tent brings up nothing!
But if you have an IKEA close by, it's worth a trip :)

katydid1971
08-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I was just at costco and the tent and tunnels are super cute. We have the IKEA tent and tunnel and I like them better because they seem a little larger. DS loves to sit in his tent and "read" his books.

mom to little e
08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
We already have a tunnel (that doesn't stay out all the time) so I was thinking more along the lines of a teepee - something DS could have some "cozy time" (his phrase) in as opposed to trying to crawl under his bed! :)

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

mom to little e
08-28-2006, 08:10 PM
These look great and reasonable priced too. Thanks!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!