PDA

View Full Version : Children's Picture Books with a CD that "chimes" to turn the page

Jenny_A
08-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm looking for children's stories that come with a book and a CD. When I was little I had quite a few books & records and they would "chime" when you were suppose to turn the page. I had Cinderella, Heidi, Snow White, etc... I loved them!

I've seen ones on tape but I'm looking for discs.

Anyone seen or have these for their children?

Jenny

Mom to Caroline 1/2006

HallsofVA
08-28-2006, 07:57 PM
The Scholastic catalogs I get at my son's school always seem to have some books with CDs (and some with tapes.) His teacher read/played one book so often (My Dad - my son's favorite story) and my son memorized the tape by heart. From what he recites when "reading" the book, it has a chime to turn the page and I assume they do these with many of their read along stories.

We just purchased some "Wee Sing & Learn" books that are books with CDs. Each one has a chime to tell when to turn the pages. Of the 4 that we bought (Dinosaurs, 1-2-3, Colors, ABC), Dinosaurs is by far the best. My son studied dinosaurs at school this summer, and his teacher let him borrow the book one night so he could read the book to us. After watching a 2 1/2 year old pronounce and sing about dinosaurs that my husband and I couldn't even say, DH told me to go out and buy the book immediately! 1-2-3 is probably the next best, especially if they like sea animals. Very catchy books with songs for each page.

ett
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
We don't own any but I've seen them at Barnes and Noble and Borders. They're in the same section as the books with cassetts tape.

mom to little e
09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I just saw some at Joann Fabric this past weekend.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Jenny_A
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Hmmmm... Joann Fabric? Who would have thought! :-) I'll have to check those out. Thanks Maryann!

TracyBee
09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
You might want to check out the Story Reader. My daughter has one and ADORES it! She uses it every single day.

The website is storyreader.com

Jenny_A
09-12-2006, 10:19 PM
How cool!! :-) I've never seen this before. Thanks so much for posting :-)

Jenny