PDA

View Full Version : Parents Magazine Busy Park cube

bwbutters
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
I was considering getting this as a gift for my daughter's first birthday but would like some feedback. Is she too young for something like this? I'd like to get her something she'll play with for a number of years and like how this has so many manipulative items. The other ideas are the people mover or some blocks but I like that this is a larger item. You all have so many wonderful ideas. I'd love your thoughts.

Thanks!

jennifer_r
08-30-2006, 06:27 AM
We got DD1 the Parents Activity block for her first bday and she was able to start using it right away. It's a year later and she still uses it alot and it looks brand new. And now at 9.5 months, DD2 is starting to play with it a bit. I got mine at Target for $50 - I haven't seen it cheaper elsewhere.

We have the Busy Street Activity cube (not the busy park) though they are very similar:
http://www.babyride.com/pm9168a.html

I also bought DD the Haba Fantasy blocks for her first bday but she wasn't into really stacking blocks until 1.5 years old. The holidays are just around the corner and you can always get the blocks then.

HTH

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/img][/url]

mom to little e
08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Similar experience to the pp - we got the Parent's Busy Street Cube from Target right before DS turned a year old and he really enjoyed it. Now DD is 8 mos old and is loving it! DS will sit right next to hear and play along, too. It is one of my more favorite purchases - sturdy, lots of play value, not terribly priced, and looks nice, too. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Jen841
08-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Just received a used one from a co-worker and it is like new! E (11 months) and J (3) are both having fun with it/fighting over it.

mamaecb
08-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Another "yes" vote for the cubes. We actually have all three in the series and DS loves them. We got them when he was around 9 months old. Target had them all on clearance at the time for $30-$40 each. Now I see they are carrying them again for $50 regular price. I don't know why they cleared out the stock because they seem to be the exact same thing. Still a bargain at $50, imo. Our almost-4-year-old nephew also loves to play with them when he comes over, so I expect DS to get years of fun out of them.

Emilie, mama to Henry