PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have someone else install Cedarworks set?

smilequeen
08-30-2006, 01:51 PM
We ordered Simon a Cedarworks set and asked for an installer. Of course, they don't have anyone in our town, but they are looking. Anyway, I'm wondering how long it took them to put it together? Was it a one day process? How much did they charge?

We are not up for doing it ourselves, don't trust ourselves that much.

emily_gracesmama
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
We have had ours under tarp for a week cause my husband can't put it together because of the rain. Cedarworks said their installers charge 15% of the purchase price and they don't take into account the sale that is going on now. I heard from on here an installer mught take 8 hours to put it together,whereas I am anticipating my husband will take 15-16 hours over a few days. Good luck!

tny915
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm sure that how long depends on the size of the set you purchased. We got a jumbo with rock wall, ramp, slide and 3 swing arm. We also asked the installers to prepare the site and lay out the rubber mulch we bought, and this prep work cost us extra. They ended up having to level the install site a bit, so I'm glad we had installers. We would have had no idea that our yard was sloped since we're generally clueless when it comes to anything handy or outdoorsy. We also had one piece that was misdrilled, and these guys recognized that right away and got right on the phone with Cedarworks to express ship us another piece.

Anyway, we had 3 guys arrive around 9am and they were out by mid-afternoon, including all the prep work, leveling, and laying out mulch. 15% seemed pricey, but after the guys finished, DH and I agreed it was well worth the money.

smilequeen
08-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks. Ay, 15% does seem high, but I know it will be worth it. DH and I are just not remotely skilled at building things, unless it's on a small scale like a tooth :) We have a big set coming, so I guess I'll count on at least a full day.

spu
09-02-2006, 06:05 PM
we just ordered a cedarworks set too. They said we could wait and see once it arrived, and even start it if we wanted to, and if we decided to hire one of their contract installers, we could call them at any time. It's 15% of the full price, not the sale price. They may make adjustments if you get half-way through, and decide to hire someone.

We're going to attempt to do it ourselves. You can download the manuals in advance to see. We visited another "cedarworks" owner, and they said it wasn't that difficult - there are many pieces that come already assembled. Just need a few hands at certain times to lift things up for final assembly.

Though, having it done by mid-day, and by professionals is very tempting. I just can't stomach the $600 for the installation yet... still recovering from the sticker shock of the set, plus the ground prep...

BTW- what is everyone putting the set on? Grass? pea gravel? Did you use any wooden edging? If it's on grass, does the grass get all muddy or icky? I'm seeing lots of dirt tracking into the house... (our set will be mostly in shade all day.)

susan

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
nursed for 3 years!
http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/superpower.gif

charlotte + else

http://bd.lilypie.com/u2jym5.png
http://b4.lilypie.com/Bmr5m5.png

smilequeen
09-03-2006, 01:19 PM
We had someone put wood edging up and got the rubber pellets/mulch for under it. We were having our backyard re-landscaped this summer anyway though, so we had him do that part too. It takes up a 1/3 of our backyard and looks a little odd, but our yard was a lot more sloped than we had realized.

emily_gracesmama
09-03-2006, 07:22 PM
We are in the middle of installing ours now, not hard, but time-consuming and it definitely helps to have two people to do it, I've been holding fences up for drilling and handing the many parts to my husband. Be smart and check your boxes before you start assembling to see if pieces are missing, I would have jumped right in but my hubby is slow and methodical and checked and found out we had no mallet included, not a big deal, we found one in our garage, but it was a good move to make sure what it said was packed in the box actually was!