PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me about Waldorf dolls?

mom to little e
08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Of course, I blew it and didn't order during the last co-op...I'm thinking I would like to get Mia a Waldorf-type doll for her first birthday (as kind of a keepsake too as it probably would be the only doll I would want to buy for her - I'm not much of a doll person).
I would like to get one that I can personalize and make "look" like her.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

ellies mom
09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
This is only my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I would hold off. If Mia ends up not being a doll person either, you could end up being very disappointed. I made one of Joy's kits and I was so bummed by her lack of enthusiasm. I recently bought her a comparatively inexpensive Correlle doll that went over much better. DD still isn't overly into dolls but the year made a big difference. Next time, I'll either wait and see if the child would be into it or I'll admit upfront that the doll really is for me.

holliam
09-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I would wait too. I made a Waldorf doll for my DD and she was disinterested in dolls, completely until we saw her playing with one at a kid's museum that was more realistic. I thought she wanted something more realistic, but then she suddenly started wanting to sleep with the doll I made her (just like a month or so ago). So, now at 2, that's the only doll she does like and she only wants it in bed.

She's more of a truck, car, trains, play kitchen, blocks kind of a gal.

Holli

mom to little e
09-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks to both for the input. You are both right that I should probably wait. I am SUCH a sap about "heirloom" gifts and sentimentality (my mother never was) that I was mostly thinking about that. At this point (8 mos.) she is definitely more interested in anything she can chew! :)

I saw some of the soft Fisher Price cars for babies in pink and oranges the other day and thought she might love those for Christmas. They could be "hers" and DS might be able to have her stay away from "his" cars for a little while! LOL

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!