PDA

View Full Version : Will Kinderzeat tip?

niccig
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
DS usually sits in a booster strapped to a chair. Today he put his feet up against the lip of the table, it's quite wide on our table, and he pushed so far back, he and the entire chair ended up on the ground. I couldn't stop it in time. He's Ok, but got a nasty scare. Will the kinderzeat tip? Or do I just stand right over him so he can't push off?

Thanks.
Nicci

kristenk
08-30-2006, 11:52 PM
Against my wishes, DD will push herself back from the table with her feet while sitting in the kinderzeat - sometimes with a great deal of force. It doesn't tip at all. One thing we've noticed, though, is that if she tries to lean forward and pull herself back to the table, the runners (for wont of a better word) on the Kinderzeat can get caught in a grout line and it *seems* possible to tip. It hasn't happened, yet, and it only got caught in a grout line once, but it makes me a little nervous if she leans far forward and tries to move her chair. HTH

DebbieJ
08-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Nicci,

That is the EXACT reason that we finally bought the KZ.

My only regret? That we didn't buy it sooner!!!!!!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

crl
08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
When DS does what you describe with the Kinderzeat, it does not tip. It just slides back. DS has not managed to tip his Kinderzeat over. We have never had it on tile so I haven't faced the grout line issue a PP mentioned though.

californiagirl
08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
DD has never managed to tip her Kinderzeat this way. This could I suppose be because I do strongly discourage it, but she has twice succeeded in tipping chairs, so I can't be that good at it... (Once I caught the chair, once DH and I were both out of reach. She wasn't injured either time, and she didn't learn better either time, even though she was very scared.)

She also does it less in the Kinderzeat, I think because her legs aren't dangling.

brittone2
08-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't guarantee it wouldn't tip, but I'd say the design makes it very unlikely.

When DS is finished eating or sitting at the table, he pushes backward firmly (so he can climb down). He would likely tip a regular chair if he did this but he's never tipped (or even come close) in his KZ. I'm sure that it is theoretically possible, but IMO the chair is very stable. All part of the appeal :)

niccig
08-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll have to measure out table. It has a very wide lip, or cutain I think it's called. It's difficult to even get normal chairs to fit it. I so want a new table, but that is a way off.
Nicci