PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gift for Four Year Old Boy

shburks
08-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Help--quick! I need some gift ideas for a four year old boy. Long story short, the invitation got lost in our mailbox (just a decorative mailbox on the front of our house!) and the party is on Monday. I need a gift for a four year old boy, AND it has to be something I can buy easily at, say, TRU or Wal-Mart because I don't have time for something ordered on-line!!

Please help! I would love suggestions. If you suggest games or books, please give me specifics. My ds is only 22 months, so I don't know what four year olds are doing!!

TIA

Susan

deenass
08-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Legos

Lincoln logs

Candlyland/Hungry Hungry Hippos/Chutes and Ladders

Any of those whould be good.

schums
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
* Big Bucket of Dinosaurs by Animal Planet. DS got this for his 4th b-day and plays with it almost every day. Comes with it's own storage box, 10-15 dinosaurs, 2 volcanoes, play mat. Purchased at TRU.
* Floor puzzles in a theme he likes. Target has a Diego one (huge hit in my house). We also have a fire truck, dinosaur and alphbet puzzles. DS loves these. TRU and Target have a good selection.
* Crayons/big pack of paper/washable water colors
* Dress up stuff -- my DS is really into pirates, so a pirate hat, eye patch, fake hook hand, etc.
* Bob the builder die cast machines

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

kedss
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Tinkertoys

Playmobile

Any pop up book by Robert Sabuda, easily found at Barnes and Noble, he has a great Dinosaur one. :)

hth!

shburks
08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Thank you all for your good and quick suggestions!! I'm headed out in a few hours to buy some birthday gifts!! You all rock!

Susan