PDA

View Full Version : Playsilks - another endorsement!

heatherlynn
09-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I just had to say that everyone should have some playsilks in their toy collection! I bought one for DS to see if he would like it and he and my 8yo DD are fighting over it. It's been a cape, a skirt, a dress, a scarf, and a roof (and probably more) since yesterday! Of course, now I have to buy more since apparently one just won't do. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to you all for helping me spend more money!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

elliput
09-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Play it safe, get at least 6. :-)

Jenny_A
09-03-2006, 12:33 PM
What size did you buy? Did you get it from Bumpershoot? How would a playsilk be different from giving them a blanket or towel?

Thanks!

Jenny

Mom to Caroline (1/2006)

icunurse
09-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I just bought a bunch for Dancing with Fireflies and they are gorgeous! I think the playsilks work better that a towel or sheet for younger kids because they are so light and easy to work with for their little hands. We like to play around with them in different ways, but DS also likes to throw them up in the air and watch them fall down.
http://www.dancingwithfireflies.com/catalog.php?category=%20Set%20of%206%20Solid%20Col or%20Play%20Silks
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

crl
09-03-2006, 02:37 PM
DS loves his playsilks. We have 3 in a medium size, one tiny, and one big. Anyone have a really big one? I'm thinking of this for a Christmas present and thinking it might be good for fort building, etc. I found this rainbow one at magic cabin.

http://www.magiccabin.com/magiccabin/product.do?section_id=0&bc=1004&pgc=27&cmvalue=MCD|0|Normal%20Search%20Result|P1

Know of any other sources for BIG playsilks?

Thanks!

brittone2
09-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I think DH and my dad are going to build DS some playstands for CHristmas (right now, that's the plan at least ;) ). If that happens, we'll probably get a large silk to use over the canopy.

I'm not sure if you have any interest in dying your own (not that hard with Kool Aid, etc, although the colors won't be as vibrant something like the Bumbershoot baby ones), you can get long silk blanks from www.dharmatrading.com for 5ish I believe (plus shipping). I may go that route for ours.

I think they look like fun, but I am sure that is a lot of material for a kiddo to handle. It probably just would require some help from a parent to get it set up, but it looks like fun :)

crl
09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Good idea. I've been thinking about trying to dye some for holiday gifts (friends, maybe for his preschool). And you are right that is a lot of material for a 3 year old. I'll have to think about that. . . .

Thanks!