PDA

View Full Version : Character-free coloring books? Halloween coloring books?

Canna
09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
My 19 months old is just starting to show an interest in coloring. I'd like to have some coloring books in addition to plain paper for her to work with. I'm wondering what some sources are for plain-old coloring books without characters like Barbie, Sesame Street, etc.

Also, has anyone noticed any Halloween coloring books around? I'd be particularly interested in those! Thanks!

calv
09-05-2006, 03:54 PM
michael's and AC have books like that. I'm sure B&N as well as Borders does too.

o_mom
09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I got some at Micheal's. They are just random pictures (car, bear, horse, doll, fish, etc.) They are pretty simple pictures with not alot of detail which is perfect for early coloring.

boys2enough
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Would suggest Borders or B&N too. They often have these things on clearance. I got one BIG poster-size coloring book for $1 once. The paper is high quality thick paper and the outlines for the pictures are thick ones, perfect for little kids. HTH.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

ett
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Dover Publications has very nice character-free coloring books.

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-children.html

AC Moore and Barnes and Noble carries them. They're probably overkill for a 19 month old, but they'll be good for when she's older.

You can also print out free coloring pages online.

HallsofVA
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
The cheapest place I've found for generic coloring books is the dollar ($1) store near my house. They have stacks and stacks of them and they're generally $1 or less.

For Christmas someone gave my DS some "beginner" coloring books that had very big and simple pictures. I don't know exactly where they bought them, but I assume it was probably at Wal-Mart.

jeniferrlynne
09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I was going to suggest the dollar tree, our local $1 store. I just bought some coloring books which were all based on random musical instruments for $1 each. They had many books to choose from.

Corie
09-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I got a really nice coloring book recently at Barnes & Noble.
It has no characters. On one page, there is a picture of
just a duck or a plane or a dog, etc.

The picture is really big and not alot of detail. I thought
it was perfect for my 22 month old son.

And, the paper is super thick! I love it!

hudsonam
09-07-2006, 03:18 PM
I got a Crayola coloring book for DS from TRU. They have a big selection.