PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean bath toys that get gunky on the inside?

CiderLogan
09-06-2006, 07:28 PM
DD has some toy boats made out of flexible rubber/plastic (the kind that can get water inside and can be squeezed out, and they float), and I was about to toss them because they are all black and gross inside (the stuff even comes shooting out when they are squeezed! ew!). But she got really sad, so I am trying to figure out a way to clean them. Obviously I can't get in there and scrub, but is there something I can soak them in that would clean it out? Bleach or something?

TIA!
Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

mum1day
09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
White vinegar!

CiderLogan
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Great!!! So how long do you soak them?

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

table4three
09-07-2006, 11:26 AM
I soak them every so often in a bleach solution. I fill up a bucket with hot water and bleach, drop all the toys in and for the ones that collect water inside, I fill those with the same solution. I soak them overnight and then in the morning, rinse well (inside and outside). Works for us.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

mum1day
09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I would NEVER soak my kids bath toys in bleach--too many chemicals for my children and the environment. My DD drinks from these toys sometimes while playing in the shower. White vinegar does just as good a job, trust me!

I would soak them in a 60vin/40water solution overnight. I also scrub mine with a clean scotch pad.

LMK how it turns out!

Edited to fix spelling. :)