PDA

View Full Version : Weebles

traciann
09-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Does anyone have any of the current weebles sets? I am trying to decide between weebles or little people. DD is 16 months, and I was thinking maybe for her age the weeble "do" more?

Thanks!
Traci

bnme
09-07-2006, 05:43 AM
We have the Weeble Tree House, not sure if still available. My 2yo (and even 3.5yo) still play with it sometimes. It doesn't actually do that much but they like the slide and ferris wheel and doors that open and close. Got it when the younger one was 1 and he played with it even then. I just bought my friends 1yo the fairy tale house and she said her kids enjoy it. I'd say that its probably better then LP for this age.

mamabelle
09-07-2006, 05:54 AM
My dd had the weebles town and the little people. She got both around 12-18 mos and i will say that the Little People are by far the better buy. She is 3 yo and still plays with the little people. TH eWeeble town has been tossed b/c it always broke. The thing about LP is that the kids can do so much more open ended play that the possibilities are limited. The House and Garage are great as well.

mamabelle
09-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Should have said that the possibilities are UNLIMITED!

sarahsthreads
09-07-2006, 08:20 AM
DD has always liked her little people better (we've had both since her first birthday), and is now (at 22 months) starting to do imaginative/roleplay type of playing with them. The weebles are largely unused unless she's in a throwing mood. Ouch!

However, I should probably mention that aside from a van that the weebles can sit in we don't have a play set for them, and most of our weebles are freebies from kids' meals at Wendy's. :)

Sarah

kaitlinsmommy
09-07-2006, 02:21 PM
My kids love their LP sets, but I got a Weebles Goldilocks set on clearance at Target & they both love to play with it. Of course, it's more fun if we "act out" the story. It was a good buy for $5, but I might not spend a ton on Weebles.

traciann
09-08-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I will just stick with the little people. I had seen the weebles in the store and though dd might be able to do more with them because of the slide, other things like that...but it seems short lived. We do have a little people add on set that has the horse and carriage and a dance floor that she just the other day started playing with. We have such limited space, I would hate to get a bigger set she won't touch, you know?
Traci