PDA

View Full Version : What age are your kids playing with cars?

jeniferrlynne
09-07-2006, 11:05 PM
For example will my son be interested in something similar to these in the 12-18month stage?

HANDLE HAULERS?
http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detail.aspx?Product_ID=3080&Ne=2&N=22+26+38+59

or something like

WHEEL PALS
http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/wheelpals/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=15591

Thanks for your input!

BaileyBea
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
DS's #1 favorite toys right now are Cars!

He loves the Handle Haulers, matchbox, and larger sized cars and trucks. He's facinated by tires. His favorite thing to do is go touch the tires to our truck.

So I highly recommend all types of cars at the 12-18 mth range. Wooden ones are great as well. We have some Vilac cars from Oompa.com that DS loves.

Momof3Labs
09-08-2006, 07:41 AM
ds1 was playing with them at 6 months on his exersaucer. and definitely at one year - he got some for his first birthday that he loved!

kboyle
09-08-2006, 10:32 AM
charlie started with the big handle haulers around 9mos when he was crawling well and could push them around, by 1 he had every car/truck imaginable :)

max has been playing with little hot wheels since he was in his walker too, the big stuff doesn't seem to intrigue him like they did charlie, max likes the little stuff :)

i'm sure your ds will love some of the big handle haulers and also the wheel pals which i think are a bit smaller, get a few diff sizes!

jvs195
09-08-2006, 11:15 AM
My DS was never interested much in his Handle Hauler, he went right for the small cars and now he only has eyes for TRAINS.

shburks
09-08-2006, 11:31 AM
My ds didn't show much interest in cars (trucks, etc) until about 20 months, but we certainly had them in the house before then. Sounds like mine just had other interests before then as the other boys were *really* into cars at a younger age. At some point, he'll probably love them!

scoop22
09-08-2006, 11:53 AM
we have both the handle hauler and the wheel pals. When my now 14 mo. was crawling he loved both of them.. Now that he is walking he prefers to carry them. The handle helps him. But the smaller ones he can carry like a football. he likes to put them on the coffee table. there is just something with boys and cars. He even knows how to make a good car sound.

my ds does like his wooden cars. he will push them on the floor to this day.

holliam
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Well, my daughter has been playing with them at least since she was 10 mo or so. At first it was just some big wooden cars, and now (at 2) she'll play with the small Plan Toys, matchbox, whatever!

She is all about her cars, trucks, trains, and planes!

Holli

jeniferrlynne
09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the input. I just had no idea there were so many varieties of car/trucks. Many say for 3years+, so I am trying to find some that seemed like fun for my little man.