PDA

View Full Version : Sites for Play Food, Accessories

icunurse
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm trying to get some shopping done and have already bought a kitchen. I'm looking for some recommendations for play food (preferably not too much plastic), chef's attire, pots/pans, etc.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

mom to little e
09-08-2006, 12:11 PM
We found some great wooden food at Target. They have a market basket with groceries and several wooden trays with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are really cute and the basket and trays are handy, too. Some of the items are velcro-ed so they can be "cut" or stacked.

They also have a few pots and pans and utensils. I've been really pleased and happy they weren't plastic.

We've gotten enough that it all needs a larger basket but the wooden trays are awesome for DS's growing collection of matchbox cars!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

american_mama
09-08-2006, 12:47 PM
My TJ Maxx has wooden sandwich sets from Melissa and Doug for $8. They are velcroed, so you can assemble the layers between two slices of bread, etc. I thought it was a good deal, good enough that I am thinking of getting a kitchen just to match it!

The Review Mommy
09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Traci,

I really like the Toysmith Bella Bistro utencils pots and pans best. They are a bit bigger (some of them are just too "mini" IMO) and are "real" cookware. They had a couple nice sets at Costco last year not sure if they have or will have them again.

http://www.inandoutgifts.com/products.php?cat=9&pg=3

I love Erzi wooden food best. This is the best site to see it's quality. There are even more pics if you click on "more info".

http://www.limiteds.com/products/23/293.html

Haba is just as nice but too small "mini" IMO. The M&D are perfect if you aren't looking for somthing to hand down to the Grandchildren. We have a couple sets and the paint flakes off. Marshalls and such should have it for cheap.

Rebekah

punkrockmama
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
>We found some great wooden food at Target. They have a
>market basket with groceries and several wooden trays with
>breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are really cute and the
>basket and trays are handy, too. Some of the items are
>velcro-ed so they can be "cut" or stacked.
>
>They also have a few pots and pans and utensils. I've been
>really pleased and happy they weren't plastic.
>
>We've gotten enough that it all needs a larger basket but the
>wooden trays are awesome for DS's growing collection of
>matchbox cars!
>
>
>Maryann
>Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Yep, I looked online too but ultimately found and bought the Target stuff and it's great. We don't do plastic here at all.

We got Peyton the little dish towels and oven mitts. He loved 'em. Won't ever open his oven w/o putting his mitts on first. Too cute. :) I've also washed them a few times with no problem. The food has held up very well. He uses the baskets to organize his fridge. The pots and pans are still in great shape too.

Kidsurplus.com carries Melissa and Doug food and they always have good prices. I got his spice rack and toaster there.

crl
09-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Ikea has great pots, pans bakeware and such. Their stuff is so cheap, DS even has some of their "real" cookware. We got ours in person, not sure if they sell it online, but their site is www.ikea.com

We have M&D cutting food, which DS loves, and Haba, which is super nice, but very small (definitely choking hazard) and a bit pricey. Our M&D was a gift, but I think I've seen it on www.kidsurplus.com And our Haba came from www.oompa.com

Somewhere here lately I think I saw a thread on wool food, which I thought was lovely. In fact, I was even thinking of buying some for "display" in the living room, knowing that DS would play with it too.

Have fun!