PDA

View Full Version : Storage options for above a changing table

kotzally
09-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I am looking for ideas for storage/organization above my changing table. My changing table is one with a shelving unit you attach to it but I have it off in order to fit the changing pad. With the shelves off there isn't any place to put diapers, wipes, and other neccessities. I am looking for something that won't damage the wall too much.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

farleygirl
09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
What about one of those shelves that they make for the mudroom with the cubbies and hooks? Seems ideal for diapers, wipes, and you can hang fun distractions/toys from the hooks to entertain baby. They always have them cheap at Target, etc.

table4three
09-10-2006, 10:15 AM
My only advice is to watch out for your DC hitting them, throwing things down from them, etc. I had 3 nice framed prints hanging above our changing table, which I thought was a great idea until he turned 9 or 10 months or so and refused to lay down. He would stand up and pull them off the wall, hit them, etc. Now we have nothing above there.

http://b2.lilypie.com/mkn7m5.png

tiapam
09-10-2006, 11:17 PM
We have a library shelf from Pottery Barn Kids above the changing table. The only diaper-y thing on it is the wipe warmer, though. The other stuff is little knick-knacks she received as gifts. The diapers are just below the changing table in a basket.

It seems strange that you can't fit a changing pad on a changing table! I do think they make various sizes, but you might have to hunt a little to find one that fits. Or maybe you could make one?

-Pam

DD - One year old!

kotzally
09-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I bought a standard size changing pad from Target and it doesn't fit with the shelf attached, and when the shelf is on, there isn't much room for error- easy to hit the baby's head on the lowest shelf. And then below the changing table are drawers that I use for clothing. I will check out the library shelf and target shelving. Thanks for your suggestions!!

Elizabeth

DAKnits
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Another option is keeping a cart next to the changing table -- they have one with wheels at Target. You can keep all your supplies right next to you, and roll it anywhere in the room. I have a changing table armoire that has a shelf above the changing surface, but DD would pull everything off it, so it's useless. There's a shelf underneath that I put diapers, but I wanted wipes and cream within reach, so I ended up putting her dresser next to the changing armoire and putting her supplies on the dresser.