PDA

View Full Version : Party favor for a "Going-Away" Party???

Corie
09-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Do I give a goody bag/party favor at my daughter's
Going-Away party??

I was thinking about giving this to the kids instead
of a traditional goody bag. What do you think??

What if I give each child 3 brightly colored notecards
and envelopes already addressed to Carson with our new
address in Rhode Island??
(We will be in our temporary corporate housing for 3 months.)

Then, I can tie each little bundle of notecards and envelopes together with a pretty ribbon and label it with each child's name.

What do you think???

traciann
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
I think its a cute idea but it would depend on how old the child was, and how close they were. It might be better for her best friend, than for a whole bunch of kids. Plus, it would be the parents keeping up with it to make sure they "write" and mail it. Just my thoughts.

Traci

cchavez
09-09-2006, 09:08 AM
I really think that is a cute idea.....maybe you could add a cute pen or pencil?

bethie_73
09-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I think it would be a cute idea especially for close friends. My DH and I both had military parents so we moved alot. I have memories starting back whan I was 4 of moving or my best friends moving and this is what I remeber most.

My best friend and I exchanged a toy before I moved (I don't know if they were new or not) I actually had it for years and it was a neat memory.

The note cards would be great because I used to "write" to my friends all the time (I loved getting mail back). I was 5 or 6 though so that may make a difference.

I don't know if you have a picture printer, but you may want to take some pictures of the party and give them a favors. We used to do this with polaroids, something to remeber everyone by.