PDA

View Full Version : Haba toys and other European toys cheaper?

mommysammi
09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Are these toys cheaper if bought in the country they're made? I have friends in Germany and elsewhere in Europe but don't want to bother them if it's about the same price online. TIA.

JacksMommy
09-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Haven't been to Germany but in France the prices on Haba seemed about the same as here. I think it's at least partly because the US dollar is so weak right now...

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

applesauce
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree. I think the exchange rate has killed deals for a while.

mommysammi
09-09-2006, 05:03 PM
It didn't cross my mind about how high the exchange rate is now. Thanks for reminding me. It's insane that the US dollar is so weak now. Maybe I can have DH check out the prices next time he's in Germany. He hates shopping but he'll do it if it's for DS. =)

funda62
09-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I live in Germany and find the online prices cheaper for most Haba toys even with shipping. Also you can find a better selection online than by just going to one or two toy stores here. For example I might find one or two games at Kaufhauf and a couple of wooden toys at Toys R Us but never a large selection as they are expensive.

You may also want to try Ebay. Kinder Games (storefront on ebay) is where I have been able to find quite a few Haba pieces at very good prices.

Heather

mommysammi
09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the info! I'll look into the the eBay store you recommended.