PDA

View Full Version : TRU Thomas/Trains Sale through September

icunurse
09-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess September is National Trains Month at TRU. They have a good amount of deals on their Imaginarium train stuff. Thomas items are on sale, too - 25% off big starter sets, bridges/tunnels/destinations are buy 1, get 1 50% off, books and DVD's are 25% off (including the ones with the bonus wooden train). I believe there is more info on the TRU website, but the prices are good in-store, too. (I do not think any of the individual Thomas trains are on sale, though, but I could be wrong....)
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2285728
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting (and waiting) for another baby!

kijip
09-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the information.

dr mom
09-12-2006, 09:44 AM
We were at TRU last week and saw splashy signs all over promoting the sale, including a store flyer which states that "ALL Imaginarium trains, tracks, bridges and destinations are on sale, buy one get one 50% off." The shelves were pretty picked over (although the sale had just started the day before) but I found two Imaginarium sets that I thought DS would enjoy, and attempted to buy them.

I was informed that the Imaginarium sets were NOT on sale, unless they were regularly priced over $50. I still had the store flyer in my hand, which shows a photo of a $30 set RIGHT NEXT TO THE AD COPY that read "ALL Imaginarium on sale...blah blah blah." I felt the ad was deceptive, and about this time DS started crying hysterically and shrieking "no train no train no train" which meant that I had to shout even louder to be heard over his screaming, and the bottom line was that the generally unhelpful TRU cashier decided it was worth it to give me the sale price on whatever I wanted so that I would get all our chaos and noise out of their store.

Bottom line, read the ad carefully, because many Imaginarium items are NOT on sale, although it's very difficult to tell from the ad and from the store display.

None of the individual Thomas trains are on sale. Prices for Thomas trains or sets are better at AC Moore or Michaels with a 40% coupon, at least in my area.

(In spite of all the fuss and my aggrevation with TRU in general, DS is enamored of his new trains, and we've been happy with the Imaginarium quality)