PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who has the Corolle Emma doll...

Judegirl
09-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm reading conflicting reports on whether it's anatomically correct. Can someone please clarify? Is there just a hole for the water, or does the doll have a vulva? Nipples?

Thanks much!
Jude

madelinesmom
09-10-2006, 09:23 PM
If this is a serious post, there is just a hole... We actually bought it for potty training and it was the biggest waste of $50 I have every spent. Bubbles was the only currency that worked for us. I don't remember any nipples but didn't look that closely.

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

Judegirl
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
LOL - of course it's a serious post!! I keep reading that it's anatomically correct, but then I read that it's not.

Thanks so much for sharing; Corelle has a lot of nerve calling it anatomically correct, IMO!! I won't waste my money either. :)

Jude

spanannie
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I know nothing about the Corolle potty doll, but we have the boy Gotz doll and he's definitely anatomically correct. My son loved him, and at 4, he still carries "Zane" around all over the place. Of course, the privates are covered ;-) Gotz makes a girl, too, if you are looking for anatomically correct. Since you say the Corolle Emma is not, I guess I'll be buying another Gotz.

Judegirl
09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm looking into the Gotz doll, but now I'm a little bit nervous that that's what "anatomically correct" means to the makers of vinyl dolls. Cloth dolls that are marketed that way are actually anatomically correct (at least the outermost parts!) - maybe all of the vinyls have just a hole??

The Corolle boy probably has a penis also; I think it's harder to get away with calling a boy doll "anatomically correct" otherwise. So I'm not sure how to guess about the Gotz. I'll start poking around. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jude

holliam
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Jude, I just saw this and thought of you! (lol)

http://www.eichild.com/moreinfo.cfm?Category=57&Product_ID=2356

Mari ended up attaching to the Waldorf doll I made her so I had given up my quest, but this just caught my eye!

Holli

Judegirl
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Holli - I just saw your post - thank you! Unfortunately, I'm equally concerned about the chemicals in vinyl, and this doll is for 3+ years old, which gurantees phthalates. (LOL - nothing's simple for tme..) I was looking into Emma b/c the for-under-3-year old dolls are supposed to be PVC-free. (But I don't believe that either...long story!)

Sigh. My poor kid. I'm getting her a Baby Bottoms, but I was really hoping to find a PVC-free realistic-looking, poseable, anatomically correct baby doll. Still working on it.....!

Best,
Jude

holliam
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Yea, I looked for a while too and gave up. She finally fell in love with the Waldorf doll I made her so I'm not pressing my luck!

Holli

Judegirl
09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Do the clothes come off on your doll? I think I can rationalize the anatomy thing if the clothing don't come off. Or if the doll also doesn't have, say, ears! LOL.

In any case, let me know if you decide to launch a new career! I don't even know how a sewing machine works...!

:)
Jude

holliam
09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
HA! Surely you jest! I made the doll as part of an online "doll-along" by the mama who owns Where's Waldorf. She gave us kits and explicit step-by-step instructions. I just had to hand sew and stuff. You could do it. Trust me. LOL

Currently she is, much to Mari's delight, "nakey". But, the Waldorf dolls look pretty unrealistic. I figured I was okay with completely unrealistic or totally realistic, which it sounds like you are too.

DH was supposed to make her some clothes (he actually sews) but alas, he has not had time. Mari kept telling us she was poopy so I did finally find a dolly diaper that fit the poor thing. Mari is much happier about that. LOL

Holli

Judegirl
09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Holli, Mari sounds like a delight! And it sounds like you're all having a ball over there. I can't even imagine how much she's changed in all this time.

Hand-sewing isn't going to happen either. Around here, we have to stop wearing shirts when they lose a button, lol. But there are some other options if I'm willing to give up my dream of The Perfect Doll...*laugh*

Jude

holliam
09-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh heck, buttons go to the wayside here too. It was the first thing I had sewn since home ec in 8th grade, circa 1982. LOL

Let me know when you find our doll holy grail!

Holli