PDA

View Full Version : Party favors for different age guests

jenjenfirenjen
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
We're doing a construction theme for DS1's 2nd bday in a few weeks. For favors, I'm painting the kids names onto canvas tool belts and then filling them with little plastic tools and a mini truck. But there are also a few kids who have little baby siblings that will be there and I'd like to include them. I think I may try to find a soft stuffed truck or chew toy. Also, two little girls that live across the street that always play with DS are coming. They are 6 and 8. I'd like to have something for them but don't think they'd like the tools and truck. Any ideas?

egoldber
09-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I would definitely give the older girls the toolbelt. Why wouldn't they enjoy it too?

As for baby siblings, maybe I'm cheap, but I never include them in the list of guests for "favors". I would if they were toddlers, but not babies.

Jenn98
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree - give the girls the tools. I remember being offended as a kid that my dad assumed I wouldn't like footbal because I was a girl. Little does he know I was the one who watched the "Brother Bowl" last night! I wouldn't want the girls to feel different or left out. And as far as the little ones are concerned, that's totally up to you, but I wouldn't feel the need to get them something different unless they were invited specifically as guests, too. HTH!

SpaceGal
09-11-2006, 09:19 PM
For us we included the babies and gave them goodie bags with things like a small box of Cheerios, Gerber Graduates fruit snacks, a fruit cup/applesauce, or a mini bag of Goldfish. Just little things that they would like to chew on and nothing too dangerous.

Give the girls the tool belt too...I'm sure they will enjoy it too.

jenjenfirenjen
09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
It isn't because they're girlrs that I wasn't going to give them the toolbelt. I figured I'd still do a toolbelt for them (since who doesn't like something with their name on it) but I didn't think they'd want the little tools and truck (an age thing, not a gender thing.) Especially, since there are two girls (6 and 8) who are sisters and their little 2 year old brother. So that's three sets of tools in one house. Not overkill?

Edited for clarity and spelling