PDA

View Full Version : What's with the 'new' Diaper Champ

kk
09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I sent my husband to Target for a new Champ (ours was 6 years old and stinky). He brought home a pink trimmed Champ that looks shorter than our old white/blue knob Champ. It says "larger capacity" but looks smaller. Anyone know what this is about? I don't want to keep it if it's less capacity. It may be the turning/flipping mechanism takes up less room than the old kind?

katerinasmom
09-12-2006, 06:44 AM
I have the new Champ (bought it to replace a 2 year old one that was stinky). While the new Champ may look smaller, it has a wider opening and definitely does hold more diapers. My husband thought it was more difficult to turn the first couple of times but then he realized that if he gently stepped on the little lip at the bottom he had no problem. It's also a little easier to open. Over all, I am happy with it.
-Jasmine

kk
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks for your reply. We shall keep our new champ, even with the pink trim. Kristan

jhrabosk
09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
So funny...I just saw a box that someone was throwing away this morning and I thought it looked awfully small...

katerinasmom
09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I forgot - our new Champ still has the blue trim. No pink anywhere. Maybe they made two versions?

DrSally
09-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I saw them in both blue and pink at Target--gender coded diaper pails. They look squatter than the other ones, so maybe they make up capacity lost in height with width? I like the idea of the bigger opening, b/c sometimes we have to use force to get DS's diaper's in. I like the look better too. Oh well, we have 2 of the old ones that don't need replacing.