PDA

View Full Version : Signing newbie here...

MonicaH
09-11-2006, 10:54 PM
My DD just turned one year old (sniff...) and it would be great to be able to communicate with her a little bit more easily. So I'm looking for a signing DVD with basic stuff (more, all done, water, etc). I don't want to have to get a whole series if possible. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Monica

bethie_73
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I have Baby signing times. 2 DVDs/CDs it has eat, drink, more, all done, pets, please, thank you etc. Its pretty basic but its been great so far for our needs. We will probably get the whole set because we like the idea of it being another language for him. But the Baby one is great.

Got it from Precious Personalities.

nfowife
09-11-2006, 11:13 PM
I second the baby signing times set. It is great for the 1 year-old age group. The regular ones might not be enough to hold his attention. My DD really enjoys watching the videos and if I kept up with it more, would do the signs more often too!
(note to self....do more signs!)

julieakc
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Another vote for Signing Times...we have all of them....the whole series and Baby Signing Times.

Baby Signing Times came out after I already had the others, but if I were doing it now I would start with Baby Signing Times and skip the first 3 volumes of the regular ST series since they pretty much cover the exact same signs.

I also second the suggestion for preciouspersonalities.com !

deannanb
09-12-2006, 04:18 AM
try checking out a few Signing Times dvds from your library. I know our system had them - and it was great to see new ones we didn't own.

See if your child likes the "older" kids versus the baby signing times.

we don't have the baby one, but DS - almost 2 - loves Ms. Rachel!

elliput
09-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Can you stand another recommendation for Baby Signing Time? :)

juliasmom05
09-12-2006, 08:16 AM
One more recommendation for Baby ST :-).

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

mommysammi
09-12-2006, 10:36 AM
I wanted to try out signing when DS was 8 months old. There was a 20% off coupon for deepdvddiscount.com or is it dvddeepdiscount.com. So I got their only signing dvds, Baby See N Sign Vol. 1 and 2. They came out to be like $7 each and free shipping. We still use them. At 14 months old, DS mastered all of Vol. 1's signs. He's 19 months old now and talks a lot. I just leave it on once a day and he watches it whenever he feels like it. I think he picked up a lot of vocabulary from the dvd's. HTH.

kaycee14
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I just purchased "My Baby Can Talk - First Signs" and really like it. My little one is still too little to use it (just 7 weeks) but I need to learn the signs too! Since she's probably smarter than me, I figure I need the head start. :

There is a second volume called "Sharing Signs", too. Both were highly recommened on Amazon.

The company also has an online signing dictionary. Go to www.MyBabyCanTalk.com.

Kathy
Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png