PDA

View Full Version : Baby Papasan Infant Seat or 2005 Infant To Toddler Rocker

Heidi9771
09-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Trying to decide between the two. I hear the Papasan seat is great but baby gets bored in it due to lack of things to grab/look at.

Has anyone tried the Fishprice infanct to toddler rocker?

KrystalS
09-13-2006, 08:38 AM
I think the Papasan is a waste of money, unless you have a lot extra to spend, which most people don't when it comes to extra baby gear. It's really soft and comfy, but my DD stopped using it by 3 mos. Once they start staying awake for longer periods of time they usually want to be entertained and the papasan only vibrates. I never had the rocker, but I think its gets great reviews.
If you like the papasan, they have a swing version too. I think it has a mobile on it so it would probably last for longer.

NatalieM
09-13-2006, 09:41 AM
We had the Papasan swing which DD loved, but I wasn't thrilled with the Papasan seat. We ended up buying the Infant to Toddler Rocker and it worked out great! In fact, my DD still uses it from time to time. HTH

mudder17
09-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, we just got the rocker for my 2 year old toddler (lol) and she really likes it. She sits in it to watch ST's. Even though the infant bar is for the infant, she loves playing with it as well. I decided to get it because 1) she needed a chair and 2) I figured I could also use it with our newborn. We still have our bouncer (well, it's lent out at the moment but we'll get it back) and we figure the infant can be in the bouncer and Kaya can be in the rocker.

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 30 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev317pp___.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

Canna
09-13-2006, 11:07 AM
nak

My 19 m.o. still uses her I to T rocker. It has probably seen more hours of use than any other baby product we own. I'm very happy we have it.

willow33
09-13-2006, 11:13 AM
We borrowed the baby papasan seat from a friend and used it only a couple of times. My son always looked ackward in it and it doesn't seem to fit big babies well at all. We have the infant to toddler rocker and it is great! My 3.5 year old still sits in it to read books.

Heidi9771
09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
thanks ladies for sharing your experiences.

writermama
09-13-2006, 12:47 PM
nak 3 year old still uses fp rocker. infant likes it too. cats also love it - 1 cat sleeping in there now.

although it was never the favorite infant thing (preferred kick-n-play bouncer, swing, or baby einstein gym), it's gotten the most use over the years and was the least expensive. so it has the best r.o.i. of our baby entertainment purchases.

sarahsthreads
09-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Love, love, love the rocker! I wish I'd never bought the bouncer we have, because the rocker has been so much more useful. Ours is in the family room so when DD watches TV she has a toddler-sized chair to sit in. We never used the vibrate feature on it when she was little, but now she'll turn it on herself and get a little mini-massage while she watches Signing Time! :)

I have a feeling when we have another child we'll have to get a second rocker, because I can't see DD giving up her chair anytime soon.

Sarah :)

citymama
09-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Another vote for the FP rocker!

DrSally
09-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Got both the baby papasan chair and swing off baby registry. I would buy the rocker next time around. Like you said, nothing to play with, he didn't like the vibrate, so basically it was just somewhere to put him when he was really, really little. Sometimes he slept in it, although I figured out he was waking up a lot in it b/c it was crunching his stomach and he had GERD. It looks nice, but the rocker sounds more useful, and is prob what I'll get for baby #2

mhanscom
09-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Forget the papasan, go for the infant to Tod rocker. It reclines back for an infant. I just put a flecce blanket on him and it was just like a papasan.

Tondi G
09-15-2006, 04:36 PM
we had an FP rocker with our first and he wasn't that into it till he got older. this time around we borrowed an Aquarium Bouncer and our little guy loved it! He would sit in it now if he had the option.... we still have our infant to toddler rocker and he is liking that now. I would check Craiglist cause I see the rocker and the aquarium bouncer all the time here! I would do the fishy bouncer for the early days and then the rocker later! JMO!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

ChristinaLucia
09-17-2006, 11:06 AM
We have the Infant to Toddler Rocker and DD didn't like it at all - she preferred her other options. I'm going to keep it around though after reading the reviews, hopefully she will like it when she gets a little older!!!