PDA

View Full Version : Which Graco Swing?

Heidi9771
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
There are so many, but I know BB really recommends them- which swing from them is best?

sidmand
09-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I just realized as I was writing this that the two I was going to recommend are actually Fisher Price swings, not Graco.

I know the Ocean Wonders Aquarium swing and the Baby Papasan swing are both very well liked and very good swings. They are pretty much the same swing except for the "look" of each. Both go both front to back and side to side (which can be very important). I'm sure there are some Graco swings that do the same, but everyone I know IRL has either the aquarium one of the papasan one.

Don't mean to change your mind if you had your heart set on a Graco one. Like I said, when I first started answering, I thought that was what I was thinking of!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Heidi9771
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Debbie- everyone I seem to be talking to lately loves the FP aquariam swing...surprised BB never mentioned it!

cmo
09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
I gotta agree with the PP about the FP swings. All 3 of my babies LOVED ours, and only used it in the side-to-side mode, which I think Graco doesn't offer. Nap quality was high when the swing was used! I know of only a handful of babies who liked back-and-forth swings, but everyone I know who had side-to-side liked it. Then again, we only used it for 4-5 months, so don't overthink it. :-)

Tondi G
09-13-2006, 05:25 PM
don't get a Graco... get a Fisher Price that has the cradle side to side motion! My DS's both were not that into the Graco... I kicked myself for not breaking down and getting an FP when #2 was little! If we have a #3 we'll be buying an FP swing!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

Joolsplus2
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Definitely go with a Fisher Price...the Papasan is great... we love being able to turn it to swing either way, and the it's not garishly colored, and dd loves the mirror, mobile, and choice of songs and sounds. She's 7.5 months and it's still the only way I can get a shower some days (she loves the play tray, and I attach more toys to it).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

DrSally
09-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I agree with the PP's. FP swings are better. Either the Aquarium of papasan--same features. I got the papasan b/c of the look, but would prob get the aquarium for the extra longevity. Big DS could sit in it longer. Nice to have the different swinging motion options too. We mostly did side to side while DS watched me in the kitchen

anuta
09-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Don't buy a Graco. I have one; my daughter didn't like it, my son tolerates it. I wanted to sell it on craiglist, but nobody bought it for $35 (it was over $100 new).
Babies like the side-to-side Fisher Price ones much more. I wish I bought that from the very beginning.

Momof3Labs
09-17-2006, 08:08 AM
had a graco with ds1 and hated it. borrowed a FP for ds2 and used both the graco and fp for him (one upstairs, one downstairs) and liked the fp SO MUCH better!

jrhoads
09-18-2006, 10:10 AM
One more vote for FP Baby Papasan Swing- it is a lifesaver and isn't an eyesore either!