PDA

View Full Version : Good electronic toy for 6 month old

gr8danemom
09-14-2006, 11:41 PM
My daughter LOVES to push all the buttons and gizmos on her Exersaucer but I'd like to get her something similar that she can play with while sitting on the floor. I've looked at a few items in the stores but nothing is really grabbing my attention. Can anyone give any recommendations for a toy their child liked? Thanks!

sidmand
09-15-2006, 06:30 AM
The Leap Frog Learning Table:
http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-10005-LeapStart-Learning-Table/dp/B000062XQ8/sr=8-1/qid=1158319762/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5855217-8887264?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

DS loved his and you can use it with and without the legs. So when your DC is sitting up, it's on floor level without the legs and they can hit the buttons, then as they start to pull up, etc. you can put the legs on and they can cruise around it hitting all the buttons. DS still uses it today, although not as much. He used to play with it every single day though.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

BeachBum
09-15-2006, 07:52 AM
We have a leap frog table too, but a different one. Ours is rectangular, and has toys that hang under it as well as the ones on the top. He got the table around 6 months and at a year still plays with it pretty much every day. We love that thing! It has a ball shute too which he really loves.

JBaxter
09-15-2006, 08:05 AM
That toy is wonderful! Nathan found his the other day and its back out for a while. I would say a MUST have in electronic toys.

daisyandacorn
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
The Developlay by Tiny Love is great. Tons of little knobs and levers to pull as well as decent music.
We got it as a gift for Dd #1 and although it's not really my style and I never would have picked it, it went into the bin for Dd#2.
It's as good as new and gets tons of play. It's two sided and well thought out and has held up incredibly well-still looks brand new!
HTH!
Susan

MarisaSF
09-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I third this. DD started playing with it at 6 months and still does at 2 years.
We thought we'd hate the sounds and lights when we got it as a gift, but found it a lot less obnoxious than we feared.

scoop22
09-15-2006, 12:46 PM
We have the leap frog learning table as well. LOVE IT.. ds loves the music on it. He just loves music in general. WE didn't get it until he was able to stand up. He got the laugh and learn puppy at 6 mo. He loves it to this day. It is nice for the floor. We take it on long trips with us so he can sing. Now he carries it with him. We also use the leap frog little touch and we try and read. It has different stages. Ds usually just presses the book to hear it talk. He is using it more now. We have lily and leap from leap frog. they sing the abc's and 123's. great for the diaper bag. lulu the spinng spider is a little annoying. ds loves the learning drum. hope this helps.

madelinesmom
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
This is the only toy that we never took out of the house... Now that Emmy is loving it too I believe this is one of the best $50 we spent.

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05