PDA

View Full Version : Tent for older children?

Globetrotter
09-17-2006, 11:20 AM
My kids LOVE to go camping so I thought it would be fun for them to have a tent of their own to play with in the backyard and maybe when we go camping (for them to play in during the day, and later to sleep in, when they are older). I was considering this one from LL Bean, but I don't think this can actually be used for camping as it's freestanding.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=46712&sc1=Search&feat=sr

I don't want anything really colorful since I'm trying to finally shed the "design by Learning Express" look ;) DD is seven so I want something for OLDER kids. Any ideas??

I'm wondering if I should just get a regular pop up tent that CAN be used for camping?

Kris

brittone2
09-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Maybe go with the real pop up tent? DS always enjoys when DH sets ours up outside. He has indoor tents too (the Ryan's Room mambo combo) but I imagine that's smaller than you want.

Not sure what kind of budget you are looking at but we've bought a lot of camping stuff in the past from www.campmor.com. They often have last year's models, etc. discounted. Not sure if they have inexpensive tents but it might be worth a look. Maybe REI's website has something that would work?

We also sometimes set up DS's beach tent outside for him. It is pretty large...DH, DS and I all fit under it. It isn't something (our model at least isn't) that they could actually sleep/camp out in though. I think we have the Kwik Cabana 4. I see the Kwik Cabana 3 at www.kidsurplus.com but not the 4 right now. Not sure if the colors are too much or not for you.

Globetrotter
09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Ah, those beach tents look like a possibility! I want something that is very easy to set up.

Thanks.

Kris