PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Walker??

DrSally
09-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Looking for walk behind toys for DS. Most don't have great reviews. The FP looks flimsey, and the leapfrog is quite expensive and reviews say the toys on it aren't that useful. What about little Tykes? Looking for something sturdy with useful toys on it. It would be nice if we could get something that he could play on the floor with now and use to practice walking later. Any suggestions? Oh, and I heard some have "slow/fast" functions, is this helpful? TIA!

elliput
09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I was given a FP walker, so I didn't end up buying the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon which was my first choice. There aren't any toys on it, but being a wagon it can be loaded up with whatever favorites your DC likes.

juliasmom05
09-19-2006, 09:44 AM
We've been really pleased with the RF walker wagon. It's really sturdy and has a resist push feature that makes it great for beginning walkers. It was really easy for DD to push it before she began walking on her own. It doesn't have toys, but really never felt the need for them. DD played with it before she started walking by putting toys in and out and pushing it a little while she was crawling. Now she still pushes it, but also likes to crawl in and out of it and have us push her in it. I highly recommend it.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

traciann
09-19-2006, 11:19 AM
we have an old school fisher price walker and its awesome for walking. it was taller and more sturdy then the one my mom originally bought..the little tikes one. I think the newer version is FP Brilliant Basics and its pretty inexpensive. It has some fun toys that DD enjoyed playing with. I wouldn't invest a lot of money into a walker because now DD doesn't play with it at all.

DrSally
09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I will have to check out the RF walker wagon, since it was mentioned twice. I have never seen it.

maurenemm
09-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I got the Tomy Walker Bike about a month ago. Its a walker that also converts to bike. I really like it! Very study and DS (11 months) even likes to play with the toy panel. Its a little hard to push on carpeting but not too hard, IMO. It is pricey for a walker but I really doubt I'll regret the purchase as it should last a long time and he'll get a lot of use out of it. The only place I've seen it for sale is at One Step Ahead.

Tondi G
09-19-2006, 01:54 PM
we bought the Leap frog one and it wasn't that great! I would suggest the RF walker wagon or I was at Costco last night and they had a wooden walker thing that has toys on it and a bead maze kinda thing I think! It looked great and the price was good, I think around $40.... I believe it was this one!

http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=H+3+991X&Cat=

~Tondi

Jenn98
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
We love our RF walker wagon. DD got it for Christmas when she was 5 months old and we used it as storage for her toys in the living room. She now uses it to keep her toys and walks all over with it. She loved to walk with it before she was staedy enough to walk on her own and now that she can she still likes to push her toys around.

DrSally
09-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Wow, what a great deal!

DrSally
09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
That's very cute that she loves to "push her toys around" :)

blueeyedb
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Another vote for the RF Walker Wagon. DS loves to push it around and it looks like he'll be able to use it for quite awhile.

bethie_73
09-19-2006, 10:27 PM
again from so many raves on this board. I found it on Amazon for free shipping and 54.99. We should get it this week, and I am so excited.

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Flyer-Classic-Walker-Wagon/dp/B00005AWB5/sr=8-1/qid=1158722850/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-8701943-9740140?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

DrSally
09-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm going to get it too. Was this the best price you found?

funda62
09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Look at this adorable one on FAO Schwartz. I want it.

http://www.fao.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=5956&categoryId=118&parentCategoryId=399

bethie_73
09-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been looking for a while, and that is the cheapest I've found.

julieakc
09-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Another vote for the Radio Flyer Push Wagon. DS was a late walker so I tried several different push toys, but this was the best! Didn't tip when would pull up on it, didn't go to fast and get ahead of him. I wish I had found it sooner. Now he still likes to push it around, put toys in it, crawl in and have us push him around.

Like others, I can't say enough good things about it.

jgriffin
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
One more vote for the RF Walker Wagon. E really likes it (pushing it, putting toys in/taking them out, climbing in and out, and getting rides). Plus DH said it was a lot of fun to assemble. We took the side rails off so it would be easier for E to play with.

TwinsItIs
09-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I ordered the wagon last week thanks to the notice in the bargains forum. I should be getting it tomorrow hopefully! I'm SO excited.