PDA

View Full Version : New TMX Elmo

jvorhis
09-19-2006, 12:26 PM
I was not going to get one of these for Emma but they are to cute and funny. Check it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2462444

calv
09-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I posted about it as well. Still torn because I think $40 is a rip off. I think the elmo knows your name would be more worth it than this one.

Pennylane
09-19-2006, 01:11 PM
I pre-ordered one from Amazon a while ago for 36.99 plus free shipping.

I just watched the clip you posted and it looks hysterical!

Ann

lilycat88
09-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I just picked up a couple. One for DD and one for a gift or to sell or give away. I didn't realize they were coming out today and got mixed up in it when I stopped by Target for another reason. A group of women had been trekking from all of the big box stores (Wal-Mart, Meijer, Target) looking for them. Evidently, Meijer and Wal-Mart were out.

Totally not planned but I think DD will have fun with it at Christmas.

mtrattner
09-19-2006, 04:42 PM
If you are going to get one hurry! Amazon is selling them for $100 from a different partner store. Target online is backordered until Dec. 31st. Of course they are making another, "you have to have it Christmas gift." DD's is arriving this week but only because Grandma ordered it for her birthday this Friday.

DDowning
09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I just let DD watch the clip and she was just entranced and started laughing too. We may have to make this on the christmas list.

I just did a quick glance on ebay - there are already over 5,200 listings for this!!!!!

tarynsmum
09-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Really? I was at Wal-mart today, and they had a whole display of them (I remember cuz they look like safes and a little boy was trying to get into one!). I think they were 34.99 too (but I could be wrong on the price).

kboyle
09-19-2006, 05:52 PM
i emailed the link to my SIL (max's godmother) and she called me laughing at her desk at work. i have a gift already planned for the boys, but i think she may get it for charlie...i told her to grab one soon, since i KNOW they'll sell out FAST!!!

it would drive me nuts, but my kids would get a kick out of it! charlie got the hokey pokey elmo for his first xmas and max LOVES it, i think this will keep him laughing till easter! or at least valentines day ;)

ETA: my mom picked one up for max at wal-mart yesterday for $34.99, it was the LAST one in the store!

luvmypeanut
09-19-2006, 07:08 PM
There is one listed on Craigslist Hawaii already. For $200!!!

KentuckyRK
09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
That has to be one of the funniest toys I've ever seen! Extreme is right!! I have to agree, $40 seems a bit much, but I'll definitely be watching for it to go on sale at one of the many stores here in town that carry them :O)

Thanks for the video though, they really had me cracking up and I definitely needed that today.

boys2enough
09-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Those of you that have the foresight to order Elmo in advance should really pat yourselves on the back. It is going crazy on eBay...

http://tinyurl.com/kbfbu

And this is not the only one that is going for that kind of price.

WOW!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

katydid1971
09-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Wow,I didn't know they were so hard to get. I bought two at TRU then stopped by Walmart for something else and bought two there because they were $5 cheaper. I was planning on taking the TRU Elmos back but maybe I should hang onto them, see what I can get for them closer to X mas on ebay?

KHF
09-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks for posting this link...I hadn't planned on getting one for DD, but once I saw the video, I had to have one. I scored one at our Wal-Mart for $34.88. Foolishly, I did not buy extra ones for my nieces...not too bright...and now they're gone. I think I was just shocked they still had them, and just got one for DD.

Kirsten
DD Laurel - 8.22.2005

Momof3Labs
09-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Yeah, Craigslist is swamped too. So are they hard to find because they are a must-have toy, or because all the profiteers are buying them up to resell? Hmmm, you make the call.

elliput
09-20-2006, 08:12 AM
I choose option B.

secchick
09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Though it's backordered for 2-4 weeks, shoppbs.org is taking orders for $39.99 plus $7.95 shipping. (ebates gets you 6% back but the THANKYOU20 code doesn't work on this item). In any case you can still order one for a relatively reasonable price without stressing. And it would be here in time for Christmas.

emschwar
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Here's a direct link http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=2289344

People are selling the LINK on ebay for $5.

aliceinwonderland
09-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Good for you! I never knew these were coming out and when I saw it, I told DH leisurely to put it on our list for the boy. I did not realise it was going to go crazy like this! LOL

Hippoharbor
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I just ordered one from this website and was able to use the THANKYOU10 code to save 10% (case-sensitive). Price 39.99 - $4, plus $7.25 shipping = $43.24. Yes, I could have waited to see if local stores will get them in again and for sale price but, after waking up this AM and reading all of the hype about them, I feel lucky to have ordered this one from PBS.
Darn, forgot to go through Ebates.

Michelle

secchick
09-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Although PBS says you can't cancel an order once placed, you can if the item is backordered. I called and canceled my first order and then placed another order to get Ebates plus the 10% off.

Hippoharbor
09-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks. I will try that.

jrn90
09-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Use code THANKYOU20 to get 20% off your order!Just orderd mine -Total was $39.24 with shipping. I figure it will save me time and gas. This is a present for DS b-day in Dec so I don't need it anytime soon.Also went through ebates and got 6% back.

Just reading back through the posts- I wonder why it worked for me? after putting in the code it comes up as 20% off your order for coming back to ShopPBS on my oder summary- I have never ordered from them before- I would try thr 20% code- remember caes sensitive!

CharmedOne
09-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Bummer. I wasn't planning on getting DS one, but he stops whatever he's doing when he sees the doll on TV.

Caroline

http://b2.lilypie.com/3k5Am7/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 15 months

emschwar
09-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Now it comes up as out of stock.

SheriRae
09-20-2006, 12:16 PM
THANKYOU20 worked for me too! Also went through Ebates.

Thank you!!

tracerx
09-20-2006, 12:19 PM
THANKYOU20 worked for me as well - thanks so much for posting it!!!

hillview
09-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi all,
I also posted in Bargains but just back from Costco -- they had about 50 at $34.99. I got 3. I was at the Costco in Everett, Mass.
HTH
/hillary

Hippoharbor
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I just looked on their website and they no longer have listed; I called and was told they were not taking anymore orders.

I called both of my local Costcos and both said they weren't showing up in computer. I do not know if they were sold out or if they never received them.

Michelle

spanannie
09-20-2006, 04:46 PM
I can't even get it to add to my cart. I wonder what the deal is?!

mykidsmom
09-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Just got an e-mail that due to high demand my already approved order for TMX has been cancelled!!! I'm so bummed!!!

MaddiesMommy
09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Can you please tell me when you placed your order? I'm wondering if they'll cancel mine too. Sorry they did that to you!

Thanks,
Janine

tracerx
09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Well shoppbs just sent me a cancellation notice, so I have to start all over. They apologized and gave me a 10% off coupon for the next purchase which is funny because I used a 20% coupon on the order they canceled. I am wondering if the coupon is the reason they canceled the order.

Ugh...

boys2enough
09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
It is not because of the coupon. I received a cancellation notice as well, and I didn't even use the coupon.

They simply didn't realize it in time to update their website. That would be my guess.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

Hippoharbor
09-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Aftert reading this, I checked my email acct and unfortunately also have a cancelled order. Darn! I was bragging to my friends how I was able to order one online. They did say they would notify me via email if and when they get more in stock.

Michelle

DDowning
09-21-2006, 08:40 PM
i got a cancel noticew too! :(

jrn90
09-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Update- Got my free doodle pro in the mail today- It is very cute and if this works out and I do finally get my elmo it will be a good deal.Also my packing slip listed my elmo as still being scheduled to ship on 12/8 so I am keeping my fingers crossed.- The best thing is that this was a free item snd the elmo is backordered so they haven't charged me a dime yet!

They cancelled mine too- I am soooooo mad- They should not have taken our orders if they didn't have the product- I will not order from them again- and what's with the 10% offer- I had a 20% coupon? I guess now I will have to start looking at every toy store I pass till December (DS's b-day) This sucks! I refuse to pay over $40 so I will not be checking out ebay or craigslist- If I don't find it DS will have to do without.

Here is my update- after finding it sold out everwhere online (have not gone out to stores yet- DS had a cold) I went to www.fisher-pricestore.com They have it for $40 + $7.95 shipping- the ship date is Dec.8th- I figure this may be my only shot so I placed and order- also they are offering a free Halloween Doodle Pro (retail $7.95) with any $15 purchase- the code I used is F59026 - not sure if it is one time or not but worth a try- the free item is like getting shipping free- the confermation I got said the item in stock (free doolde pro_ should ship in 2-3 days- will keep you posted.I figure if I manage to get one before Dec.8th I can always be like those money hungry people on ebay or give it away.

Update- Got an e-mail today that my Halloween doodle pro (free item) had shipped. Still on the look out at local stores in case this falls through- I did e-mail the company and they said Dec.8th is still there best est. on shipping- and that if it becomes available sooner they will ship sooner.

racerl1
09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I checked FisherPrice.com a couple of days ago, but they were sold out and not taking any more orders. I just placed my order successfully, and go the free toy, too. We have been waiting for a local K-Mart to get their order. We found out the order came in last night and two people bought all 24 received! This makes me so mad. People are buying them to sell them at ridiculous prices, and there are children who want them. It's not fair at all. My advice to anyone looking for one is to order yours while you can. Otherwise, the people who will get them are those who only care about making money off of little kids! Thanks again for the info on the website.

MaddiesMommy
09-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Yup, mine was cancelled too. I just placed an order on FP's website. Thanks for sharing the info. Keeping my fingers croseed that we get it in time for Xmas.

DAKnits
09-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I just did the same thing on FisherPrice.com and got the doodle pro. I wasn't going to get one, but I figure it can always be a nice gift if I decide not to keep it.

KentuckyRK
09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I hate this whole thing. I really didn't even know about them until I saw the link and then I fell in love and really wanted to get one for ME! Not to resell it for 100's of dollars or to rip anyone off like these other people are doing. This is ridiculous. Stores should honestly not allow people to buy more than one item in these types of situations (especially not 12, it's obvious what they're buying them for!). Ebay had something like 15,000+ listings for them and all of the "ending soonest" were selling at at least $80-100... that's sad!

My best suggestion for everyone is to do what we did with the first tickle me Elmo... we wanted to get one for my cousin for X-mas and they of course were sold out the same way. We basically said forget it and went shopping on January 2nd and low and behold, the shelves were FULL of them, and ALL on sale! That's what I'm hoping will happen again. This isn't a "limited addition" so I'm sure everyone who really wants one will eventually get it.

It's just sad the way people make money these days.

DDowning
09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info. If it doesn't come before christmas, no problem. DD will still live but at least its ordered and out of the way!

emschwar
09-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Our costco didn't have any either. :(

HallsofVA
09-22-2006, 09:22 PM
I just tried to place an order on the FP website and it's coming up as being sold-out again. Bummer.

buddyleebaby
09-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Just wanted to add that as of now (2;00 am et), toysrus.com has tmx elmo listed as in stock and available to order. It says it should ship within 2-3 days.

I haven't actually ordered one because I personally have no interest whatsoever and my dd doesn't even know who Elmo is, but I thought it might help someone out.

neeter
09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
thanks for posting the code for the free doodle pro -- i had ordered the Elmo from FP.com as well, but didn't use the coupon code at the time. i called FP and are letting me have the doodle pro at no charge. :) nice! thanks for sharing!

also i checked on the backorder date of 12/8, and they are still holding to that date.

twinkie
09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
I couldn't get Elmo from the FP site (sold out), but I did order the Thanksgiving Little People set and I was happy to get a free doodle pro. Thanks for the code!

clc053103
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
So I was looking through the EBAY listings- check this one out!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-K-HOT-Date-with-Tickle-Me-Yugi-TMY-like-Elmo-TMX_W0QQitemZ160035807999QQihZ006QQcategoryZ19229Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem