PDA

View Full Version : Need a crash course in dolls

Jenn98
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm due in Dec and we thought it'd be nice to get DD her own "baby" for when the new baby comes home. I haven't decided if we should give it to her before the new baby comes, or if I should give it to her when she comes to the hospital to see us, so if you have any advice feel free to toss it out there. Anyway, I am looking for a realistic baby (anatomically correct is okay by me) both in size/weight and feel. Can anyone rec a few good dolls to check out? TIA!

JulieL
09-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Baby Stella's are really popular and the Corelle dolls :) I'm also looking for a doll for DD

KrisM
09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
We got this one: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1158970904/ref=sr_1_3/601-2494162-5424928?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000F8H3KM in blue for DS. We gave it to him at the hospital. He seemed to like it, but then forgot about it until recently.

It's a nice weight and size, I think. No hair, which I wanted. The eyes open and close. It is 13", which is obviously smaller than a real baby. I think a 21" doll will be a lot for a toddler to handle. That might be 2/3 of your DD's height.

tjham
09-23-2006, 10:12 PM
My granddaughter loves her Zapf dolls. At around one year old, she got the Chou Chou doll with the teddy bear attached to her hand and carried it everywhere.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3182199

mommato2boys
09-24-2006, 12:38 PM
www.americangirl.com

Bitty baby is a very nice baby doll. They have one without hair and bitty twins with hair...and you can chose boy/girl twins or two girls or two boys. Bitty baby is a great doll....very well made. And what is great is that they seem to really be popular with the kids. They have clothes and always are changing what they offer. Lots of extras to go along with the doll.

cuca_
09-24-2006, 01:14 PM
My mom gave DD #1 a Bitty Baby for her second x-mas and she loved it. She still does. When DD #2 was born we gave DD #1 a Madame Alexander Huggums Doll and she really liked that one too. The Huggums is a smaller than the Bitty Baby. We gave our DD the doll at the hospital when she came to meet her sister, and it was great. She loved getting the gift and was very excited about it.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005