PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Klean Kanteens

mom to little e
09-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Can anyone tell me how these work for storing milk? Is there any aftertaste? DS is taking lunch to preschool twice a week and I really don't want him using plastic sippy cups with the milk staying in it for a few hours.

Thanks!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

sdbc
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
I saw you didn't get any responses...

We only use ours for water, but I can't imagine having a problem with milk. It's pH isn't even as low as water.

maxineLee
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't think the milk will stay cold

from the Klean Kanteen website :

Is the Kanteen a thermos?
No. A Kanteen is a single-walled bottle and has little insulating properties. Keep in mind that if your drink is boiling hot, the Kanteen will be too hot to directly handle. The single-walled construction allows for more volume and the option to put your Kanteen on a flame. Insulating jackets are available in hemp or burlap to keep your beverage ice cold or warm.

mom to little e
09-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought about the insulating aspect. So can you tell me why you like/love your KK?

Now I've got to figure out/wonder about a good insulating cup that is safe!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

sdbc
09-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, it would if it was in an insulated cooler--that's what I thought she was talking about, but I guess not. :)
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

sdbc
09-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't think it's special, other than that it isn't plastic or aluminum, so I'm not worried about chemicals leaching, etc.

We do have a stainless steel thermos that we use for milk for DD. I like that fine, too. It was for target.

We use our KK for water when we work out, go to the pool, etc.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

jillc
09-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi Maryann,

Try the Thermos Funtainer insulated aluminum straw cups. I read about them here (old Lounge thread) & found them at Target.

I haven't used ours for milk, but water & diluted juice stay nice & cold for a long while.

Hope this helps.
Jill

mom to little e
09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I found a Funtainer at Target today. This seems like it will be a nice option so I can get rid of our plastic straw cups. I got my son the CARS version - I'm not crazy about characters but he will probably LOVE it! lol

Thanks for the suggestion!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Tondi G
09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Keep in mind Horizon Organic sells Milk in a Juice box like container with a straw! My older DS loves the chocolate milk boxes!

mom to little e
09-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh I haven't seen these! I'll have to be on the lookout.

We always get organic milk and these would be a great option for school. You wouldn't believe the amount of milk my 2 1/2 year old can drink in a week!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

calv
09-26-2006, 08:07 PM
where in target do they display them?

mum1day
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Organic Valley also has organic in little cartons. A better company to support, IMHO, than Horizon!