PDA

View Full Version : Boon Flo faucet cover at baby center

DrSally
09-22-2006, 07:46 AM
FYI: Boon Flo faucet cover now avail at Baby center for 14.95. We were talking about this earlier on a thread about bath toy holders. It's the only one I've seen that allows access to the shower diverter, and it angles the flow of water out (great for filling our snug tub, I hope). DS is just getting interested in the spout, so we are getting this. I know it's expensive for a faucet cover, but it has the features I'm looking for. Oh, and free shipping with $29 purchase.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/safety_baby_care/safety/bath_safety/9283?stage=

kboyle
09-22-2006, 08:32 AM
good to know, i've been waiting for this to come out!

citymama
04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Funny, I was just looking at this at babycenter.com and wondering if it's worth the $15 vs. the $8 (and ugly) Tubbly-Bubbly hippo thing. DD lunges straight for the tub spout to grab the water so we *really* need to get one ASAP. How's this working for you, and would you recommend it? Thanks!

suz
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I saw this @ BRU next to all the bath toys. I don't remember how much it cost though.

DDowning
04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I have it and I think its not worth it. Maybe my faucet spout is too wide for the mouth of the cover to stay on but the only thing keeping it on is the shower diverter! Basically there is a rubber flap that is supposed to fit under the spout. Mine doesn't and so the problems I have. The waterfall or flow of water advertised isn't that great because of this problem. Oh, my son did get a kick out of pushing the button for the soap dispenser. Only problem - it leaks! Some may have a different experience but not worth it for me.

citymama
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, thanks for the info - that's good to know, since my main requirement is that it stay on and protect 1 year old DD from bumps. Any other recommendations for faucet covers? Perhaps I should go with the old Tubbly Bubbly after all...! (http://store.babycenter.com/product/safety+-+baby+care/safety/bathroom+safety/tubbly-bubbly.do?asc=false)

Ceepa
04-06-2007, 07:16 AM
This was a design problem they were having with it last year. They were supposed to come out with a modified one in November (I was interested and called the company during the fall to ask about it). We ended up not buying one, but I'm surprised to hear the same problems still exist. How disappointing, it looks neat.

-Ceepa

pastrygirl
04-06-2007, 07:44 AM
It IS good for filling the Snug Tub, but that's about it! It worked fine for a few weeks until I filled it with soap. Then it wouldn't stay on the faucet even when I emptied it! My husband put it on with a cable tie to see if it would stay on. So far, so good but it shouldn't require a cable tie to stay on. My 9-month-old likes to grab it to see if he can pull it off. He's come pretty close.

DrSally
04-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard great reviews, so I ended up just getting a cheapie inflatable one from BRU. It was the only other one with a shower diverter opening, which we need. It does the job, but the diverter is the only thing keeping it on as well. At least it was under $5 I think.