PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy seat for 4 month old?

MNmomtobe
09-27-2006, 11:11 PM
We have a bouncy seat for DD that we purchased at a garage sale. DD at almost 4 months still has no interest in it. We mainly use it as a seat to feed her. This is nice as when DH and I feed her at night we lie on the couch and feed her a bottle with her in the bouncy seat next to the couch. I know- could we sound any lazier? We keep her in it for a while after feedings because she has reflux.
So anyway...DD has no interest in this as a bouncer and the harness seems uncomfortable on her. She loves the bouncer that she plays in at daycare. It is red with a white arc with plastic toys. I don't know who makes it but it must be pretty old since I haven't seen it in any store.
I am considering getting a similar bouncy seat for her that she will actually like but am wondering how long she will use it. Is it not worth it at her age?

Joolsplus2
09-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Why not get the Fisher Price one that has the toy arc, but that converts to a toddler rocking chair? I'm even thinking about one of those for my 8 month old... if only it came in something that matched my decor better... lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

new_mommy25
09-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't buy a bouncy seat for your DD since she will outgrow it in a month or less. I second the PP's suggestion for the FP infant to toddler rocker. It has a much longer life span.

BTW, we had the same red bouncy seat for my DS three years ago. Someone had given it to us. I can't quite remember but I am pretty sure it was made by Kids II.