PDA

View Full Version : Soothing Motions Glider input?

keschy
09-28-2006, 06:35 PM
We just recieved one for DS but I'm not sure about keeping it since we already have a swing. Does anyone have one, and if so does your baby like it? Our DS is almost 3 months old. Thanks!

sdoyle
09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
We received one from DH's Aunt. DD liked it when she was younger but not really worth it IMHO. She liked the swing just as much and the glider is HUGE! It takes up half of our kitchen table with the base. I wanted to return it but IL's would have freaked.

MNmomtobe
09-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Great for DD in her first few weeks. Useless after that. I wish I hadn't spent the $70 but I "had to have it" at the time. I would rather have a cushy bouncy like the FP Sensory one and a good swing like the FP Ocean wonders full size swing. We have the swing and love it. I would forgo the Soothing Motions glider.

KentuckyRK
09-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with the other two posters... the couple that I sat for over the summer had one and though I loved it for the first month or two after that it was pretty useless. I don't know if the others had this problem, but the buckle on it wouldn't even fit after he was about 10 weeks old and he was an average sized baby so there was really no excuse. I also found that it jerked rather that "soothingly gliding" and made a ton of noise but they also had a 5 year old who I highly suspect climbed around in it (as she did the bouncy chair, swing, pnp, etc...) so perhaps it just had a squeak?

I would definitely return it and get a swing if possible. It's pretty pricey for the minimal usage.

Good Luck